• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cedar Ridge Harness Bar

You have a pic? What's the weight difference?

Dave just a question is ti a viable metal for a rollbar?

Saves about 4 pounds on the whole set. No one will accept a roll bar made out of titanium, not that it won't work but all organizations set standards designed around steel tubing.

I'll see if I can find pics of the last one we sent out...

You're 16 with an NSX? Is it dad's?

That Mugen bar may collapse right onto your head. It's not a real rollbar. I'm all for a real rollbar but a Mugen replica ain't it.

Mine:smile:. And I agree, its the wrong, easy way out of getting a proper roll cage

Saves about 4 pounds on the whole set. No one will accept a roll bar made out of titanium, not that it won't work but all organizations set standards designed around steel tubing.

I'll see if I can find pics of the last one we sent out...

I don't care what organizations will and won't allow it, I am not going wheel to wheel racing. I do care about actual safety. If it is strong enough and safe enough and can work, I'd be for it. Just not sure if it is strong enough material for a rollbar. Sounds like you are saying it is. I wonder if we can copy the Comptech bar in titanium. That bar actually works unlike the mugen bar. What do you think Dave? Possible?

Last edited:
I don't care what organizations will and won't allow it, I am not going wheel to wheel racing. I do care about actual safety. If it is strong enough and safe enough and can work, I'd be for it. Just not sure if it is strong enough material for a rollbar. Sounds like you are saying it is. I wonder if we can copy the Comptech bar in titanium. That bar actually works unlike the mugen bar. What do you think Dave? Possible?

Titanium is a fine material for a harness bar, still would not recommend it for a roll bar.

High cost of materials, higher modulus which means a need for thicker wall and it's difficult to weld because one needs to maintain a backing Argon purge for all welding. Figure a titanium roll bar would cost 4 times as much and save about 20% of the weight.

If you have an unlimited budget, I would be happy to build you what ever you want.

1. Jorligan - Paid
2. NSXBOX
3. Boss 3.2
4. Silver 2002 - Paid
5. Fuoss484 -Paid
6. excellon

Thanks to those who have paid, I still need to get payment from 5 people to get the batch of harness bars scheduled for a spring delivery. I am holding the April delivery if we can get the payments in this week.

Dave

Update...

1. Jorligan - Paid
2. NSXBOX
3. Boss 3.2-Paid
4. Silver 2002 - Paid
5. Fuoss484 -Paid
6. excellon -Paid

Thanks to those who have paid, I still need to get payment from 5 people to get the batch of harness bars scheduled for a spring delivery. I am holding the April delivery if we can get the payments in this week.

Dave

Last edited:
Dave please don't forget that hardware for me.

My apologizes to all…having browser issues at home and have not been able to stay connected to Prime. Talked our IT guy into allowing access from the office. Check will go in the mail today. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Best Regards!<o:p></o:p>

Hey everyone,
I have received five checks so we are still on for an April delivery. At this point my plan is only build as many as I have payments for so if anyone else wants to get in feel free to get in touch with me. I can add another harness bar to the batch for a little while.

Thanks Tim and everyone else who has helped make this happen!

Dave

For those interested in restraints for Cedar Ridge Fabrication bars:

Harness bar belt restraints for Cedar Ridge Fabrication bar

Lap belts - bolt in, use eye bolts with clips
Shoulder belts - wrap around
Sub belts(stock or aftermarket) - wrap around

Dave- I'm still interested. PM's sent thanks

Dave- I'm still interested. PM's sent thanks

NSBOX,
I have not forgotten about you, I'm still trying to figure out how to set up for right hand drive and the different location for the seats...

Thanks everyone,
We are cutting parts like crazy, will be welding soon!

Ti Dave- Any news on the RHD. Understand Prime member Tysama send you details of amendmends required to fit RHD.
Thanks.

Hi All,
Thanks for your patience on this job, huge build process with hundreds of cuts, sub assembly welds and set ups. We are on schedule to get the batch to powder coat this week so should have them packaged and ready to ship(fingers crossed...) next week. I am still waiting for one CNC parts too, met with the machinist on Monday and he is running them this week.

I'll try to keep everyone posted and contact each of you to arrange shipping payments and confirm addresses.

Thanks again,
Dave

Back