• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee" Jan 3th - North Lake Mall ext 18/I77

Charlotte Area "Cars and Coffee"

Exotics/Sports Cars/Classics

Date: Jan 3rd (The first Saturday of each month- weather permitting)

Time: 9 am- 11am (or until you want to go home)

Location: North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and The Hound)

6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013

See you there!​

Hello All,

My name is Michael and I wanted to inform you of an exotic/sports cars/ classics car event that I have been working hard to put together in the Charlotte area. I am a certified "car nut" like many of you on this forum or site. Since moving to Charlotte I was stunned to find that there has not been an organized event like this in the area until now!

The concept is similar to what they have in Los Angeles and a few other cities in the US called "Cars and Coffee". It is a gathering of mature car owners who just want to get together with other owners with similar interest representing many different makes and models of cars. It is a monthly gathering on the 1st Saturday of each month. The second event will be on January 3rd (weather permitting), @ 9:00 am-until. That way you can hang out in the morning, talk a bit, gawk at cars, gather those who want to go for a drive and still have the rest of your Saturday to do your 'honey do lists'. Whoever shows up, shows up. You come and go as you please.

We meet and park at North Lake Mall ext 18 off I-77 near the Panera Bread Company (separate parking between Fox and the Hound and Panera- that way we are out of the normal Panera traffic and have the lot to ourselves- it makes for better photo opportunities!). I have worked with the management there and with the landlord of the property to OK the gathering. They are more than happy to have us and even said that they would set up a special line for us in Panera to get our coffee and head back out.

In our first event on December 6th we had 45+ cars show up, which was amazing! It was well attended by owners from Charlotte, Lake Norman area, Winston Salem, Greenville-SC, Hickory, and Greensboro. We had several makes and models represented which was great. It included : Acura NSX, Lotus, GT-R (3), Ferrari, BMW, Audi, Z-Cars, Porsche, Mercedes, Mini, S2000, etc. . . .

I have posted on about 15+ sites and forums to spread the word of this event. My vision is to host a "pure" car enthusiast event that will be consistent each month and as the word spreads we will grow the event into a permanent fixture in the Charlotte car scene.

If you know of other web sites that cater to car enthusiasts and collectors feel free to post this there. I know many of you will have had a great holiday season and will be looking for a reason to stretch your car’s legs and get out of the house, this is a great outlet!

See you there!

Michael

Michael,

I am on vacation until the 5th and will not be able to make it either. Monthly is still a great idea as that is about how often i would like to get together. The first event was better than expected. i will let the others from Greenville know about the date when we get together tonight.

Lester can only attend once a year since he is on restrictions for getting the dreaded ticket last month....lol

Have a nice Christmas and New Year.

Peter

Lester/Peter,

Sorry that you guys will not be able to make it. I figured that it would be tight right after the holidays, but I am really trying to get the ground work established for a consistent event. We will see you next time!

Also since the two of you are coming in from a bit of a distance, I would be willing to drive out your ways sometimes to make it fair, maybe not on the first Saturday of the month but any other time that you are free. I am always up for a drive.

Have a great Holiday!

Michael

Thanks, Mike you are doing a great job. This spring maybe I could put a cruise thru this area up to Ashville may to pull some of those NSX's in. You might think of doing the same in Charlotte, to have a little cruise the cars thru downtown on Tryon and then we all go get some lunch or something like that. But hey what you are doing I am thank full. Love to get around great cars (all kinds ) and meet people who love cars like we do Mike. Keep up the good work, will see ya soon..
O, by the way I am off restrictions,(speeding ticket) I will be there in Feburary.

Thanks, Mike you are doing a great job. This spring maybe I could put a cruise thru this area up to Ashville may to pull some of those NSX's in. You might think of doing the same in Charlotte, to have a little cruise the cars thru downtown on Tryon and then we all go get some lunch or something like that. But hey what you are doing I am thank full. Love to get around great cars (all kinds ) and meet people who love cars like we do Mike. Keep up the good work, will see ya soon..
O, by the way I am off restrictions,(speeding ticket) I will be there in Feburary.

Lester,

That sounds like a plan for the spring! Good to know that you are off restrictions with the ticket too!

See you next month!

Michael

Hello All,

Looking forward to the Charlotte Area “Cars and Coffee” event this Saturday, January 3rd! It looks as if the weather is going to cooperate for us on Saturday, The Weather Channel says “42° by 9am and 50° by Noon”, another mild Carolina winter day. You may have to bring your gloves and hats to gawk at cars, but it will be well worth it!

I have gotten a good response from several forums about participation, so come on out and bring a friend or two. This event continues to gather steam, as we build up the participation we should have 100+ cars by the spring. Again if you know of any sites that you frequent that you can post this on as well, feel free!

Remember that we are going to move down to park in front of Fox and The Hound to have more space and privacy. Panera is looking forward to having us again and we have full use of their facilities and they have a special line for us with coffee this time!

I look forward to seeing familiar faces (and cars) and hopefully several new ones!

Happy New Year and see you at Panera!

Michael

Hey 'Mirrored'...............what part of North Carolina are you in? I am in Winston-Salem. Just purchased a 2001 Monaco Blue Pearl.

dgrayson,

Hello, John here from Holly Springs, NC.

The car you just purchased may have been originally owned by one of our group of NSX owners here in Raleigh. That is a rare color. He traded his car in on a new Z06 at Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC.

I have assembled a list of owners in the NC area. Please PM me with a phone # and e-mail and I'll add you to that list. I currently have about 35 owners in the area on my list. We meet in and around the Raleigh area often.

Welcome!

John

99NCNSX

I do believe you are correct about the car I own. I did purcahse it from Hendrick and the sales rep stated that the previous owner traded it in on a Z06. All I can say is the car is in pristine condition and I have begun my 'project' with slight modifications. So far, 2 new sets of wheels, CF rear spoiler and I've ordered a Comptech SC. I also had the front lip spolier painted to match the car.

Hey 'Mirrored'...............what part of North Carolina are you in? I am in Winston-Salem. Just purchased a 2001 Monaco Blue Pearl.

Ha !! One of my co-workers said she saw a blue one about a month ago I told her she was crazy. I live in Winston Salem as well. We should get together and go for a ride up to Hanging Rock or something. There are actually 5-6 in the Triad.

:cool:

99NCNSX

I do believe you are correct about the car I own. I did purcahse it from Hendrick and the sales rep stated that the previous owner traded it in on a Z06. All I can say is the car is in pristine condition and I have begun my 'project' with slight modifications. So far, 2 new sets of wheels, CF rear spoiler and I've ordered a Comptech SC. I also had the front lip spolier painted to match the car.

You want to sell me the black OZs ?

:biggrin:

I sold the OZs the minute I bought the car. I have a set of Roja Formula 7s for sale. They are 18 / 19, have the Gunmetal center and are brand new.......never been mounted. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Probably when it gets a little warmer. I don't take mine out until the weather is just perfect. Any events planned in your area?

Hello All,

Sorry, have not checked this thread in a while. Yes there will be a Feb event I need to get on the web and post it this weekend. As for pictures you can go to www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com to see some. I have to admit I am not the best when it comes to posting pics on the web, not that great, but I am working on it.

Welcome to the fold!

Michael

Back