• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chassis No and Engine no in embossed to body

Hi everyone,

I recently just purchased an NSX. I need help to find a chassis no and engine no that are embossed to the body of a car or engine part. Can anyone show me where can I find them?

Thanks in advance

Steven

Hi everyone,

I recently just purchased an NSX. I need help to find a chassis no and engine no that are embossed to the body of a car or engine part. Can anyone show me where can I find them?

Thanks in advance

Steven

Steven - What you are asking for is elsewhere in this forum, and in your owner's manual.
I don't endorse listing/displaying such proprietary information in an open, publicly available forum.

As a brand new member, listing NOTHING about yourself in your forum profile and NO photos of your new treasure/no biographical info/no context for your request, you might well post up:

"My name is Steven and I want to disguise an NSX for ________________________ purpose. Will you all tell me what identifiers to change out?"

No "slam" on you here. I'm simply not for telling the world how to identify our treasures. 🎙️📡📢

Congrats on your acquisition.

Hi

I apologize for everyone that maybe I sound like suspicious or something. Im just excited for the purchase eventhough its been a few months. But I bought it and just wanted to make sure that the chassis number and engine number is the correct one to make sure the authentication for the trim.

Again I do apologize if I have said something wrong.

Will take the time when I can to update every now and then.

Cheers

As far as I know, the only database associating engine serial numbers with chassis/vin codes is at Honda, if it even exists at all. This information has never been made public, so the concept of a "numbers matching" NSX isn't really a thing except for VIN stickers on body panels matching up.

The engine serial number can be found on the driver side of the engine block right next to where the rear cylinder head sits. The VIN number is on a bunch of different panels and is easiest to see on the windshield or door jamb. None of this is secret information and can be figured out by looking at any NSX at a car meet so I'm not sure why its considered "sensitive" by some.

LHD? NICB will also know which transmission originally came with vehicle too.

I do not believe there are any hidden VINs on the NSX.

RHD? The vehicle serial and engine number are on a body tag on the front strap.

Honda doesn't have a lot of date codes on their individual parts. There are some casting dials and some technician applied markings on certain parts.... usually big castings and interior parts.

What exactly are you trying to authenticate?

Last edited:
Noted on the info. Will check out then.

Thanks thats all I need.

To authenticate in my action means just since its not a plate where people can easily change, I am looking for the one stick or embossed as it is not easily swap and just with the engine number and the chassis is the same with the one on the documents and the side door floor ( silver plate ) then its all good

Thanks

What was the original market of the vehicle in question?
Your primary language?

North America VIN (17 digit) locations
1. Public on windshield cutout
2. Federal sticker on driver side door jamb
3. Secondary on firewall between engine and trunk/boot
4. Derivative on both door rocker sills
5. Later vehicles have NHTSA mylar stickers on major body panels...2000? 2002?

JDM/RHD vehicles
A. Data tag riveted to the radiator support/front strap
B. Secondary on firewall between engine and trunk/boot
C. Derivative on both door rocker sills

I do not know the EU locations or requirements. I have a JDM BMW that just has a 17 digit VIN on the front right shock tower.

Last edited:
What was the original market of the vehicle in question?
Your primary language?

North America VIN (17 digit) locations
1. Public on windshield cutout
2. Federal sticker on driver side door jamb
3. Secondary on firewall between engine and trunk/boot
4. Derivative on both door rocker sills
5. Later vehicles have NHTSA mylar stickers on major body panels...2000? 2002?

JDM/RHD vehicles
A. Data tag riveted to the radiator support/front strap
B. Secondary on firewall between engine and trunk/boot
C. Derivative on both door rocker sills

I do not know the EU location

Nowhere have I found either hidden or build sheets within the NSX.

The Japanese need to change their policy and start secreting build slips within the interior during assembly. I have personally made many arrests in my auto theft days because assembly line workers would stuff the build sheets inside the vehicle rather than spend the effort to throw them away. There was one model where they would lay the build sheet down under the sound deadening where they thought nobody could find it. Very handy to find a build slip when the car has been VIN switched.
Its JDM / RHD

I do believe that EU should be the same as JDM. Take it with a grain of salt tho.

Cheers

Its JDM / RHD

I do believe that EU should be the same as JDM. Take it with a grain of salt tho.

Cheers
If you're importing a RHD JDM car, take care- may of these have undisclosed crash damage. Check the frame rails and side sills for evidence of cutting and welding.

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

Steven

Hi

I apologize for everyone that maybe I sound like suspicious or something. Im just excited for the purchase eventhough its been a few months. But I bought it and just wanted to make sure that the chassis number and engine number is the correct one to make sure the authentication for the trim.

Again I do apologize if I have said something wrong.

Will take the time when I can to update every now and then.

Cheers

Noted on the info. Will check out then.

Thanks thats all I need.

To authenticate in my action means just since its not a plate where people can easily change, I am looking for the one stick or embossed as it is not easily swap and just with the engine number and the chassis is the same with the one on the documents and the side door floor ( silver plate ) then its all good

Thanks

Steven, looking forward to your photos and additional information! Pics or it didn't happen.

MotorMouth93 -

"None of this is secret information and can be figured out by looking at any NSX at a car meet so I'm not sure why its considered "sensitive" by some."

You've obviously NEVER had your car stolen.

Back