• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

check engine light

I just got finished installing comptech headers. Everything went as planned with the install. The only problem is that I forgot to plug the rear O2 sensor up before I cranked the car. At that point the check engine light came on. I shut the car off and plugged the sensor up. I started the car again and the check engine light was STILL on. The car doesnt seem like there is any problem; it runs and sounds good. Is there some way to reset the light? Any solutions for my problem?

Thanks

I am sure this is covered in the FAQs and in past posts.

99.99% of the time the problem is with the o2 sensors. First thing to check is that you pluged them back in.

If they are in - you most likely got some WD40 or liquid wrench in the O2 sensors when you removed them. They are so tough to get out you would not be the first person who did this. There are a million warnings in the FAQs on this site (I know that wont help you or your mechanic now).

You have to remove them again and then you have 2 choices: attempt to lightly clean or replace.

Most people find it is difficult to clean and end up replacing one or both at this point.

Good luck...

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Originally posted by hondapower:
Is there some way to reset the light? Any solutions for my problem?

Thanks

Pull the 7.5amp clock fuse out of the front fuse cluster under the hood.

If you still get the light, pull the codes.

hope it helps....

I tried pulling the neg. battery terminal and the light was still on. The code comes back to 41 which is the front O2 sensor. The last resort is pulling the clock fuse.

Thanks for the info

Hondapower,

The "41" code is the heater curcuit on the front 02 sensor. Basically this indicates an "open" curcuit for the heater coil inside the 02 sensor. Go to Page 11-32 of the service manual on line. You can run the test for continuity on the heater.

This is probably a pin that has been pushed out of the plastic housing(grey) when reinstalling the connector halves back together. This connector is located on the valve cover bracket close to the fuel filter brace.

HTH,
LarryB

[This message has been edited by Larry Bastanza (edited 06 January 2003).]

Back