• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

check engine light

i was wonderring if you guys have had this problem before.
i got my comptech header install a month ago and after two week my check engine light comes on . my mechanic guy said it could be the o2 sensors so i order them from acura and replace them a week later the check engine light come on . can anyone help?
thanks guys

My car had the same problem. The light would come on after I installed my comptech header. The 1st time it came on was because the dealer used WD-40 to get the sensors out during the install. Apparantly that damaged the sensor. They were replaced. A week later, the light came back on again, this time it was the 02 sensor wires not routed properly and was tugging at the 02 sensor. Then the day after, the light came back on again! They had a hard time finding any problems this time around. Finally, they took apart the 02 sensor extension and noticed that one of the metal pins were bent and was not making complete contact when connected. They straightened it out and my check engine light was finally gone.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 24 August 2002).]

I have a supercharger, headers..etc etc and after I upgraded my boost to 9lbs I get the check engine light ( I was told due to the boost, etc etc) If you want the light to go away just remove your clock fuse for 5 seconds and you're good to go...You will need to re-program your radio stations

Originally posted by Mnguyen:
i was wonderring if you guys have had this problem before.
i got my comptech header install a month ago and after two week my check engine light comes on . my mechanic guy said it could be the o2 sensors so i order them from acura and replace them a week later the check engine light come on . can anyone help?
thanks guys

Back