• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check out this GB deal: Aluminum goods for your NSX

Ran in to a problem with the install as there is a flaw in the design of the sills. As you can see in the photo below, the OEM sills are not flat but the autovation ones are. This means they don't sit straight on the door sill leaving a really bad gap. I guess I will need to rig up some sort of rubber gasket in order to give them a decent look. Sort of bummed though as it seems this would have been a very obvious flaw when they were designed.

Oh no wish I would have known this before ordering! I guess I should note I also have a set of sills from Downforce and they are stepped just like the OEM ones and the fitment of those is really good.

I haven't even ordered mine yet

I haven't ordered yet either though I'd like to! The ordering process is a bit confusing, there aren't pictures on the website of the different options so it's hard to tell what's what...

I have the door sills but they don't fit. Sent him a email explaining the problem ( oem door sills are stepped and his are flat) and have not heard anything back. I will not install them the way they are without some kind of shim to make them level which I ask him to provide ??? If you have not ordered yet don't bother

I have the door sills but they don't fit. Sent him a email explaining the problem ( oem door sills are stepped and his are flat) and have not heard anything back. I will not install them the way they are without some kind of shim to make them level which I ask him to provide ??? If you have not ordered yet don't bother
FYI - had some good luck fabricating a solution for this using aluminum to make clips. With the clips to hold the sills in place rather than double sided tape, I can use a bit of foam to create the step and also create a buffer for the door sill to sit on. Will do a full write up once I have it working. Unfortunately my JB weld mix wasn't right so the clips didn't bond properly.

xxv2.jpg

ux3q.jpg

4e97r.jpg

If anybody has OEM set of door sills for sale please PM me.

I was thinking about inlaying them into a set of OEM's ..... I havn't checked yet if there
is enough room to play with / route out.

Apologies for the delay in posting.

Was surprised to read some of these responses. All orders from the gb were fulfilled months ago. The only open NSX orders are 2 shift plates (we are awaiting a surface finishing piece of equipment) and 1 set of NSX pedals that were ordered about a week ago.

Lot's going on behind the scenes:

1. Moved across country from SC to CA. This in itself did not cause any delays as this was planned.
2. Lost 2 hard drives in the process. They are both at Seagate going through a data recovery process. Expected return date is 4-5 weeks. This caused major issues. Losing the hard drives had the accounting, order e-mail contact and design information on them. If you are wondering, the cost for this runs about $900 per hard drive...
3. Just losing the hard drives would not have completely crippled communication but in addition our main e-mail accounts were spoofed several weeks ago as well. We had to shut down accounts due to receiving 75,000 e-mails in 1 day. E-mails were coming in at a rate of 400 per 10 min. when last checked.

Regarding the sill fitment, I had the sills on my NSX for a long time with no issue. I do understand the issue shown and we will send out a spacer to those who ordered sills. We are working with a GB member to design and test fit a spacer. Once complete, it will be sent to all GB participants. If you have found a solution or tried something that did not work, please PM me here through Prime.

Great, I'll stand by for your solution / spacer!

I do understand the issue shown and we will send out a spacer to those who ordered sills. We are working with a GB member to design and test fit a spacer. Once complete, it will be sent to all GB participants. If you have found a solution or tried something that did not work, please PM me here through Prime.

Excellent! Thank you and I'll (Terrence Brown) be on the lookout!:smile:

Just ordered my driver and passenger side heel plates! Can't wait to get them in with my new interior :)

Pedals look good! What's black deal below gas pedal?

I haven't had a chance to put mine on yet, but I did notice the gap. Sounds like the spacer should fix the gap issue. Can you give us an ETA on the completion of the spacer Anthony?

Was surprised to read some of these responses. All orders from the gb were fulfilled months ago. The only open NSX orders are 2 shift plates (we are awaiting a surface finishing piece of equipment) and 1 set of NSX pedals that were ordered about a week ago.

1. Moved across country from SC to CA. This in itself did not cause any delays as this was planned.
2. Lost 2 hard drives in the process. They are both at Seagate going through a data recovery process. Expected return date is 4-5 weeks. This caused major issues. Losing the hard drives had the accounting, order e-mail contact and design information on them. If you are wondering, the cost for this runs about $900 per hard drive...
3. Just losing the hard drives would not have completely crippled communication but in addition our main e-mail accounts were spoofed several weeks ago as well. We had to shut down accounts due to receiving 75,000 e-mails in 1 day. E-mails were coming in at a rate of 400 per 10 min. when last checked.

Regarding the sill fitment, I had the sills on my NSX for a long time with no issue. I do understand the issue shown and we will send out a spacer to those who ordered sills. We are working with a GB member to design and test fit a spacer. Once complete, it will be sent to all GB participants. If you have found a solution or tried something that did not work, please PM me here through Prime.

My sills arrived few weeks ago finally got around to trying to install they do not fit correctly. I did Email you guys prior asking about if the design was going to be updated by the time my order was sent but you must have lost those in the hard drive crash?

I need this spacer your looking to design for sills set I ordered from you do not fit correctly as pointed out by many people here OEM is a stepped design not flat.

What happened to my order?? Sent payment over 5 months ago. Last correspondence,you were to get back to me on amount for upgrade to new custom sill design...that was almost 3 months ago. Appreciate it if you would respond. At this point I will just go with what I originally ordered along with spacers so that they actually fit...thanks.

Last edited:
Back