• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago-Milwaukee Area Meets, 2018 Edition

The question has arisen as to whether we're going to have any formally scheduled Portillo's meets or Supercar Saturday gatherings in the Chicago area. We've done this in the past, but attendance dropped off to the point last year that only a couple of people were showing up. At this time we have no Portillo's meets scheduled, although if the interest is there then we can certainly schedule some. We have the Lake Geneva event upcoming on June 10th, and I suspect there will be a few more events cropping up, e.g. possibly another Port Edwards brunch/drive later this summer and/or an autumn event. The Supercar Saturday meets are fun and I think that we can always count on at least a few guys attending those. Keep your eyes on open because new events may show up on this forum at any time.

What do you guys think? If there's interest in scheduling events on a monthly basis (or at some other interval, such as bi-weekly) I'm all ears!

Jeff

I'll suggest this again...pick a different portillos location once a month in the Chicagoland location.

This will do the following:
- Bring out more members that maybe felt it was too far to come to Elmhurst all time
- If there are the same members showing up, at least it will be enjoyable to take a drive in a different direction

Or I am OK with sticking to how it's always been. Just throwing an idea out there.

I always had lots of fun at these Portillos meets, let's bring them back! I am fine with any location.

Okay, let's do this...Wednesday, June 20th, 7:00 p.m. at the Portillo's at the intersection of Roosevelt Rd. and Des Plaines Ave. in Forest Park. July will be Schaumburg and August will be in Bolingbrook. Details on these later meets to follow!

Well, guys, perhaps it's that we just had the Lake Geneva event, maybe it's the poor weather in the forecast...there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in meeting at Portillo's tomorrow night, so consider the event cancelled (at least I won't be there) :(.

How about a Portillo's gathering at the Elmhurst location on Wednesday, June 27th at 7:00 p.m.?:)

Great photos, Paul! Sorry that I missed it!

Weather permitting, there will be a gathering, however large or small, at Portillo's on Rt. 83 in Elmhurst on Wednesday, 7/18 at 7:00 pm. Hope to see you guys there!

Great photos as always, Paul. I hope to make it to one of these this summer.

Are they only hosting these SuperCar Saturdays in what used to be the "South" location?

Great photos, Paul! Sorry that I missed it!

Weather permitting, there will be a gathering, however large or small, at Portillo's on Rt. 83 in Elmhurst on Wednesday, 7/18 at 7:00 pm. Hope to see you guys there!

Is this a Gen1 meet only or Gen2s are attending too? Thanks!

Both! If you have a Generation 1 or Generation 2 car, bring it! Are you a new owner? We'll be there at 7:00 and hope to see you, too!

Thanks for the response and invite! I’ll try to stop by but not sure yet when/if I can make it tonight! Otherwise next time... I’ve had mine since about December, just never been on here lol

Is anyone going to the Supercar Saturday event on September 1st? It's the last event of the series this year

Hoping to catch at least one of these this year!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I might go (I only live 10 min away!) but I think it is supposed to rain??

I was there for the August 4th one. There was 2 NSXs there last time, a red one and a black one. Anybody here?

September 30th...Port Edwards Drive-and-Brunch! Let's meet at the Mariano's parking lot just north of the Kennedy Expy on Cumberland in Park Ridge at 8:00 a.m. for a drive up to the Port Edwards restaurant in Algonquin! If this is inconvenient for anyone then just meet us there. We've done this in the past and it's always proven to be a hit with everyone. The restaurant opens at 9:30 and is pretty popular, so it would behoove us to get there a little early. All NSX owners, enthusiasts, friends, wives, girlfriends, kids, etc. welcome (yes, anyone driving a car other than an NSX is welcome, too!). Any questions? Just ask! :smile:

Last edited:
looking forward to the drive and brunch in Algonquin. A great drive and reason to get the cars out. Wont be long and we will be thinking about parking the cars for winter.

Everyone mark your calendars! Port Edwards brunch this Sunday. The brunch is $40 per person and worth every cent! A great event for the spouse/girlfriend!

Back