• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago NSX gatherings

Hello Gang,

I just moved out here from Dallas last year and the NSX in July.

I know most of us have our cars in a warm/dry environment for the next few months, but in Dallas several sports car groups would meet monthly either on a week night at like Starbucks, or weekend at a BBQ joint for example.

My question is:

Do you have an organized group web site or email list to organize such gatherings? And if not, a day like 2nd Wed or Sat of each month?

Please lemme know, as I am interested.

(you can check out the dallas site WWW.dallasnsx.com for their message board for example).

I noticed the 22Jan05 dinner posting, yet my work has me out of town 2-3 nights a week. and unfortunatly that is one of them.

Thanks for the feedback!

I just was out to California speedway last weekend for the JGTC races and they had a pretty impressive NSX gathering. So I guess it just primed my interest.

david

JetLagSD said:
Do you have an organized group web site or email list to organize such gatherings? And if not, a day like 2nd Wed or Sat of each month?

Please lemme know, as I am interested.
Welcome David...

There is a pretty active Chicago-metro NSX group that gets together every 6 weeks or so, with activities typically including a weekend meal/get-together and occasional scenic drives. Hopefully we'll see you at some of these events.

Events are typically posted in this forum (NSX Prime Midwest US Region), or on the yahoo e-groups list : http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/nsxca-midwest/

- Manuel

Welcome! Things do quiet down a bit Dec-Feb, but if you are into track events, you have some of the best road courses right here in the midwest! We start out in April @ Gingerman and Road America, with the first biggie on the first weekend in May (Windy City BBWCCA HPDE) Join the BMWCCA Windy City chapter asap! Come and play with us. I hope to see you at the track this summer. Just PM NSXTASY if you want to know whats going on in your area. (he knows everything)

Tom makes some excellent suggestions, particularly with hooking up with BMWCCA.

In addition to events with various BMWCCA (and other car club) local chapters at area tracks like Road America, Putnam Park, GingerMan Raceway and others, several Chicagoland and Midwest NSXers also actively participate in the Driver Ed (DE) programs that CGI Motorsports has at Gingerman.

Hello!

And Thank You for the replies and insight.

I'll look forward the the warmer months and gatherings at Elkart Lake and other local gatherings.

Is there a local cruize spot that is a good hang out for friday/saturday evenings? Possibly a spot for mature auto enthousiasts? Not drag race groupies? :)

Just remembered... joined the midwest NSX Yahoo group list too. That should help keep me in the loop.

Happy New Year!

david

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite!!

Unfortunatly, I'm working and will be out of town that night. That is why I was curious if you guys had a more frequent, and possibly casual meeting place. It would be more conducive to casual attendance for those of us often out of town.

More soon, and thanks again guys for keeping me up on what is going on.

Hope to catch up w/ you soon

david

I am also new to the area - though my NSX is still in DC. Hopefully once the weather clears up I can take a weekend and drive it out.

But like JetLagSD, I am looking forward to meeting folks around the area!

Hopefully I will be able to make the dinner.

Back