• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Classic Japanese Car + Classic Japanese Wheels = FTW

After 6 hours, 2 broken ratchets, 2 broken socket reducers, and stress levels maxed out I finally got the new wheels on the car. One lug on each of the driver side wheels were on so damn tight that we ended up rounding the lugs so we had to get a lug extractor kit. And as soon as I got them on it started raining.... FML. Thanks to adrenaline_nsx for selling me the wheels and my friends Jake and Alex (who wont see this) for helping me out. Im going to keep my Manarays for a second set.

volks05.jpg

volks06.jpg

volks07.jpg

volks08.jpg

volks09.jpg

And one of the motorcycles....

motorcycles.jpg

Last edited:
Im going out on a limb here... you have a thing for black vehicles? LOL It looks great... so does the black gixxer :wink:

btw.. black cars a major PIA to shoot. Maybe get a Circular Polarizer to reduce some of those reflections.

Ya I just got a second flash so Ive been experimenting with them. But a CP is next on the list. I didn't like the reflections myself, sort of distracting.

Posted by Adrenaline...
18x7.5 25 offset (w/ 15mm spacer) 215/35/18
19x10.5 35 offset 285/30/19

I didn't use the front 15mm spacer. And I couldn't find a set of tires in those sizes so I went to a 275 rear, same fronts Dunlop Direzzas

Im going out on a limb here... you have a thing for black vehicles? LOL It looks great... so does the black gixxer :wink:

Yup 8 outta 9 are black. I love my gixxer, Im thinking about buying a black 1198s right now.... and keep the gixxer too. Then im done with sport bikes.

Last edited:
If you EVER, EVER, EVER consider selling those wheels, you must come back to this thread, see this post and then contact me first.

:biggrin:

Im really bad at selling things.... i'll probably keep both sets of wheels since they are my favorite for this car.

Yeah right whatever...you just keep my name in mind K? :biggrin::cool::rolleyes:

looks freakin' sweet. lovely garage as well :thumbs up: can't wait to have a similar photoshoot myself sometime.

Thanks... I love photography and I just got a second flash and wireless transmitters so i was experimenting with dual flashes. The garage is a lil messy in those pics and its to small. :)

Didnt those wheels used to have the red strip on the lip? Did u have the wheels repainted or just removed the red strip? Either way, the all black looks awesome on your car.

New wheels look badass! And your garage makes mine look like an episode of Hoarders.

PUREVIL, great looking NSX. The black is very...shiny. Looks like its been detailed 100 times. The wheels look great too. And, the photography is great. Which all leads to the reason i saved all those pics

Didnt those wheels used to have the red strip on the lip? Did u have the wheels repainted or just removed the red strip? Either way, the all black looks awesome on your car.

Yes originally Adrenaline had red stripes and I wanted the red stripes, but it turns out they were just rim tape.... but Im fine with them all black honestly.

The car has always been hand washed and waxed/polished.... but it needs another polish since I haven't washed it in 2 years! So in my other thread you can see some minor swirls, but I can only see them in certain light, in the garage you cant see any even in person.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139521

Thanks for the compliments on the garage and the car. Im pretty anal about keeping it clean and clutter free. Only time I gets semi cluttered is in the winter when I have to have shovels and ice chippers. Normally I have my suburban in there too but then it gets to be a pain in the ass when I wanna ride.... i have to move a car out, move the bike out, move the car back in, then go ride. And then reverse the order to put the bike back in. LOL When I build my house its going to have a big attached garage and a bigger detached garage/workshop. :)

fullhouse01 by iwerxdesign, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ah, these were Adrenaline's old wheels. I was trying to buy those and just missed out by hours. Oh the pain...

Wow after keeping it real all these years you change your wheels. Best guess you like black DUH. Looks sik, nice change.

What did you use to coat your floor?

19 years and counting!

Citadel floor coating... its a polyurea thats supposed to be 4x stronger than epoxy. 20 year warranty is what I like!

http://www.citadelfloors.com/

Gorgeous look. I bought another set of TE37s for my car but in black like yours as well.

That car looks familiar...did it come from California?

Back