• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car and Car Related Photos From Japan - Autumn 2013

Here are a few photos from my Autumn 2013 holiday in Japan. 4 years since my last trip there -- too long! Not much NSX stuff, but did make it to MACs in Tokyo. Enjoy.

Nice CRZ in Higashimatsuyama.

Awesome sounding GTR in Kawagoe. I like these exhaust tips.

Beautiful late model FD in Harajuku/Shibuya. I think this is blue mica. My favorite color for this car.

Honda Goldwing (I think). At the base of Mount Fuji / Yamanashi prefecture. This was a Japanese public holiday, lots of Harleys and café racers making their way up that awesome scenic road.

Integra Type R in Saitama

Wheel/Tire Display out in front of Super Autobacs, East Osaka. Selection was not as good as I had hoped and it was a considerable distance from my Ryokan. I did make it to UpGarage in Naniwa-ku, but they only had motorcycle stuff and nothing there fit my bike.

Ray Bros. shop next to one of the Rays Engineering buildings in East Osaka. A must visit if you are a fan of their wheels, they have an awesome selection. The CE28 RT’s in Burning Red were very nice – Looks like Rays has removed the fake lug recesses from the hub area of that wheel for a cleaner look.

All the Rays gear you’d ever want.

Miscellaneous Hachi-Roku from the Toyota Auto Salon in Ikebukuro. TRD model was awesome!

MAC’s, Nerima/Hikarigaoka, Tokyo. They didn’t seem to have any parts for sale and only 2 NSX’s in stock. This was a healthy trek from my Ryokan in Arakawa. Probably would not go to MAC’s again. Type S was nice!

Such a classic!

Ran into this in the Subaru Building, Shinjuku. Probably my favorite car from the trip. Love the aggressive styling updates.

Spotted near my Ryokan in Arakawa Tokyo. Was very surprised to see these on what is often regarded as a disposable or a beater by American standards. Of course driving an American car in Japan is somewhat of a status symbol so have to take that into account. Any guesses on the make/model of this car?

Looks like the tail lights on the Gold Wing are off a GT86/brz. I really like the Sti. Needs moar low though.

Back