• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clear bra vs repainting as needed

Computron,

The shop was correct. Due to the severe radius/curve/edge in that spot, covering it with film is extremely difficult.

As far as the emblem goes, some shops will remove the emblem, install the film, and then replace the emblem over the film so that the whole area is protected.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Is it possible to not remove the emblem, but instead have some small special cut pieces that will fit inside the emblem area?

As soon as I bought my NSX I put XPel on the bumper, hood, front fenders, mirrors and rear fenders below the side marker lights. It is so invisible that I have to point out the film for others to know it there.
There were a couple of pieces that needed to be redone on complex corners, but the installer corrected this.
The film was cut around the emblem, because I didn't want the emblem placed over the film. You have to examine it very closely to see the edge of the cut-out.
I couldn't be happier.
My car has only 10k miles and there were no chips, so it made sense to spend $1200 to protect the paint.

Thanks for your comments Houstonbuckeye...

I wish mine was as cheap! It cost me double what you paid! So did you leave the inside of the Acura emblem uncovered then?

I guess the pre-2002 cars didn't have that extreme curve by the tip of the headlights that they couldn't cover huh?

Back