• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clearbra Maintanance?

Hi All,

I have clear bra installed in the front of my car...

And I am wondering if clear bra can be polished or waxed? Anything in particular that I need to do to maintain it?

Hi All,

I have clear bra installed in the front of my car...

And I am wondering if clear bra can be polished or waxed? Anything in particular that I need to do to maintain it?

I wash normally and maintain with detail spray to remove dust and bug guts.

I don't bother putting wax on it, it simply looks how it looks, its a protective film at the end of the day and doesn't require much other than a decent wash and wipe once in awhile. Xpel, and other vendors, would have you buy some conditioning goop to put on it... might be something to that, I dunno

Avoid fingernails and buffers, they can leave permanent marks in the film.

Wash and detail spray mostly. Never polish. If its 3M you can apply wax as 3M product has a clear coat on it.

where is the best place to have the clearbra done? i have an NA1. My local Acura dealership had no clue of the service even though some of mentioned having the bra installed at their respective dealerships?

Where ever you go, get references! Not all clearbra installers are the same.
If it's installed incorrectly, taking it off can be a nightmare. Curious to know what the cost is to do a NA1 front end.

My solution is just to put on a old style bra on roat trips.

where is the best place to have the clearbra done? i have an NA1. My local Acura dealership had no clue of the service even though some of mentioned having the bra installed at their respective dealerships?

Where did you purchase your Plexus? There website only sell it by the case.
I havent been able to find it localy.

Re: Clearbra Maintenance?

Where did you purchase your Plexus? There website only sell it by the case.
I havent been able to find it localy.

Sir, Cannot help you on this as I've never seen it at retail stores. My installer fixed me up w/a box (case) of it.
That said, if you do order a case of it rest assured Plexus has many uses other than your clear bra (ie stainless steel, most plastic/etc surfaces, countertops, some rubber surfaces, etc.). JMOICBW.

Know that all paint protection film (PPF) is not the same so there isn't a one size fits all approach. I do know for a Xpel clear bra, it can be treated just like the rest of the car's paint (waxed or sealed), just not compounded. Mine had some minor scratches that I took out with Meguiar's M205 polish and a LC white pad on a PC 7424 set @ about 4800 PRM with little to no pressure and followed that up with Meguiar's DA Microfiber finishing wax.

Xpel says to use a cleaner wax like Zymol Z-503, I just took it to the next logical step. I would suggest calling the manufacturer of the film and see what they say.

Thanks for the replys. Mine has developed some scratches I just cannot get out. Plus it looks smeared at some angles. I was hopeing to find a place I could get one can before I have the bra removed. With it being the whole hood there is a good chance the paint might get damaged also. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have 3m on my nsx. Wash the car normal and i also wax the bra as.mentioned above it has clear coat on it. But i try not to get any wax close to the edge of the film so i wont have any wax build up. :biggrin:

I'm getting this done next week.... self-healing. I actually, just saw this on a car. Guy told me to scratch it with my keys as much as I wanted. Poured a glass of warm water on it (to speed up the process) and presto, all the scratches disappeared. It was truly amazing. This stuff actually works.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Se11LSRnKA?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I just talked to Xpel & my PPF guy about the Xpel Ultimate. My PPF guy says it's the most amazing stuff he's ever seen and Xpel says that if you want a pre-cut kit for the NSX it'd be right at $1400 for the full hood/fender/bumper/mirror which is 20% more than the regular kit. Just be sure to specify Ultimate when your installer orders a kit from Xpel and you're good to go.

Well played, Captain---

Local Xpel guy is stopping by this evening to give me a quote on firewall forward.... he has to come look because I have the VIS type R hood (NA1 - flip up lights).

Found a video with the "warm water" demo.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fUqzFvRw4-A?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Captain, definitely do the entire front end plus the A pillars and a strip on the roof right over the windshield. It's worth the peace of mind. If you will, hit me a PM with his quote, I'd be interested to know. Saw that video earlier, try to find the one where they're pouring brake & transmission fluid on the hood.:eek:

Last edited:
Back