• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Climate Control Problems Revisited....

I have a 92 NSX with Climate Control Fan not blowing now. About 2 years ago I had the "fan only blows on high" issue. I had the board removed, the capacitors replaced by a local TV repair technician, put back in and has been fine since. About a week ago is started acting up again, only blowing on high after startup, then after a while it would allow you to turn it down and you could adjust the speed. After a few days of that, it just stopped working alltogether. However it would intermittedly pop back on full fan speed here and there. Sometimes if you hit a bump, etc. it would do it for a little bit, then shut off. Progressively worsening over the days. Now the fan won't work at all. Everything else on the display, etc. seems to be working fine. So I removed the unit to look at the board for anything blatantly obvious, but this is not my area of expertise by no means. Does it sound like it's just a capacitor issue again and have it looked at, replaced again? or perhaps something more, like an issue with the knob electrical part of the unit. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

As of today, I couldn't get it to run at all. Went through all the ranges, etc. Didn't even come on intermittenly like it did the last several days. That's why I decided to go ahead and pull it out to look at the board. Kinda a progressively worsening problem over the last week and a half or so. Funny thing is I have been driving it daily again, because the A/C in my truck has a problem too, and was avoiding that expensive repair too. So now we are finally in the 100 degree plus weather all week and I have two vehicles with no A/C. How about that for Murphy's law? lol

Thanks. I will dig into the blower motor part of this before I do anything else with the control unit. We'll see where this goes, thanks for the response I appreciate it!

Well, after putting some more thought into this with BrianK's suggestion. I did a search and dug through some other threads on this one. I put the CCU back together and reinstalled it. Powered it up and tried the simplest thing next...jiggle some wires/connections. I found the main blower motor relay and gave it a jiggle, and the blower started working. Flipped a relay with the one on the far left that has the exact same spec's on it. It all works correctly now. Sweet! I am still going to replace the relay as soon as I can get my hands on one. However it appears to be problem solved, road tested a bit too and blower appears to work correctly through all ranges. Thanks yet again to the nsxprime community for help and all the valuable information here, saved me lots of money and headaches!

Having a similar problem to the original post. Note: I do not have the "only blows on high" problem, I have the "only blows when it wants to" problem. I have had the CCU repaired by Briank very recently; the CCU seems to be working normally, but the fan doesn't blow, except randomly and occasionally when I hit a bump. Again, the CCU itself seems perfectly functional - when you select ac you can feel cold air drifting out of the vents, when you select heat you can feel heat drifting out of the vents, but the fan only blows when it feels like it, so apparently it is a fan-related problem.

Could some possibly tell me where to find the main blower relay? In the relay box under the hood? Which relay?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Back