• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Climate Control Question

I'm experiencing some issues with the Climate Control on my 1991 NSX.

I've recently noticed that when the vehicle is started, and is sitting stationary, the climate-control FANS to not come on. I can rotate the knob to manually dial in the FANS but still nothing comes out of the vent. I can redirect the air output to DEFROSTER, HEAT, or VENT and I can hear the air doors changing and the AC turning on, but no AIR out of the vents.

Once I begin driving the car (about 2-3 blocks), then all the AIR FANS come on with no problem.

Is there something wrong? What do I do if I'm starting the vehicle in the morning and I need to defrost the window before driving?

Did you try turning the fan on high? If it works on high during this "start-up" time, it could be that your control board is about to go bad. Mine acted up for several months before it went completely--sort of like what you describe.

Briank said:
Looks like anouther CCU repair customer :wink:

Jerryho see the link in my signature.

hi Brian. Diagnostic test on the unit came out OK. But problem still present, and occurs sporatically. Is this something you can fix?

If so, the unit might have to go your way.

Thanks, Jerry.

Briank said:
Looks like anouther CCU repair customer :wink:
:wink:
Jerry, it's a common problem of electronic parts to fail after 12+ years. Send it to Brian, the service is perfect and you save a lot of $$$ than buying a new unit from mother Honda. :)

Regards,
Thomas

Back