• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch help!

Hey guys, i just recieved my Spec single disc clutch and just now found out that i need to replace my flywheel to a 97-up dual mass flywheel. Does anyone have one or know of one that has one for sale? Let me know, help me get my nsx back on the road.

Thanks,
Jay

Jay, I think you have to use the Spec 97+ flywheel. I'd ask Spec and/or the vendor you bought the Spec clutch from.

Jay, I think you have to use the Spec 97+ flywheel. I'd ask Spec and/or the vendor you bought the Spec clutch from.

Yea, i think i have to use their flywheel or a 97-up, wish i would known before i ordered the clutch! Looking at the Spec site, their flywheel is the same part number for all year nsx's. Do you know if i will have to buy longer flywheel bolts when using their flywheel? Is their flywheel thicker like the 97-up flywheels?

Yea, i think i have to use their flywheel or a 97-up, wish i would known before i ordered the clutch! Looking at the Spec site, their flywheel is the same part number for all year nsx's. Do you know if i will have to buy longer flywheel bolts when using their flywheel? Is their flywheel thicker like the 97-up flywheels?

Yes, since you have a NA1 3.0 using the dual disk clutch, switching to the single disc will require longer flywheel bolts. Also, you will have to modify the flywheel cover or the bolts will rub it and make an annoying sound. All you do is bend it, remove it, or buy one for a 97+ NSX.

Back