• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch issue 94 Brooklands green

I was getting my tires balanced and as I was nearing the shop, my clutch stuck against the firewall. I had to stop and pull the clutch out with my hand. For the last mile or so, I used the toe of my shoe to get the clutch to disengage as needed. The clutch is was working, but getting stuck in the engaged description as described.

My Acura shop is 30 miles away.

Is this something that can be analyzed an solved by a shop such as Midas? They are a half mile away from Discount Tire where I left my car overnight.

I'm leery of driving my car all the way to Acura, as well as getting it towed.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong, and recommendations to fix it?

Thanks!

Sounds like you blew your clutch master cylinder. Checking for leaking fluid in the cabin and under the hood.

Sounds like you blew your clutch master cylinder. Checking for leaking fluid in the cabin and under the hood.

Is it possible I need to flush the fluid instead?

Can any mechanic flush the transmission fluid?

What about replacing the clutch master Cylinder? Should I try to get it to the dealership, or let a nearby mechanic do it?

Thanks for your comments.

Attachments

• IMG_7477.jpg
    IMG_7477.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 134
Get a new clutch master and slave cylinder installed. Don't be worried about having the car flat bedded to a repair facility.

For now, fill the reservoir, pump the clutch by hand 50+ times, MAKING SURE THE RES DOES NOT RUN DRY, it will come back, then replace master/slave.

HTH,
LarryB

As a shade tree mechanic I replaced my master and slave cylinder in my garage fairly easily. I'm certain if you bought he parts and took car and parts to any trustworthy mechanic, no specialized tools or procedures are needed for the repair.

clutch master/slave is a relatively easy DIY if you are comfortable working in the relatively confined footwell. also, get the master and slave from rockauto, much cheaper and they are the exact same OEM part. you can find links and pics in my post here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...rebuild-kits?p=1859707&viewfull=1#post1859707

I got the OEM slave hose & those two parts, and finished the job myself in about 3 hours. It would be much faster if I had to do it again.

edit: also, the clutch hydraulic system is in no way connected to the transmission fluid. You can replace that if you want (simple drain and refill, flush is NOT necessary) but it won't impact the clutch pedal behavior your are seeing. I like to do it every 30-40k miles.

Last edited:
Back