• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

clutch master help

my 91 clutch master is leaking. which is better, just replace it or get a repair kit for it? advice?

get a new one, take old off put new one on and you done.

no tring to pull this off or pull that off to replace this or that.

buy new its your brakes, you life depends on those brakes.

Common failure part. Replaced mine last year after getting zero pressure.

Bought the part from Dali along with SS braided high pressure line. Turns out my RPS clutch didn't need the line so if you want it I have a brand new one for sale!

When I was searching answers on how to replace the master cylinder on here, I read that usually the slave fails shortly after as well. So I replaced both at the same time.

+1, I ALWAYS replace both.

Hope you have small hands if you are doing it yourself....I did mine recently for the first time and I don't remember ever cussing so much in my life. Cut up my knuckles too...but I had some alarm stuff down there too.

All in all, it's not too hard. Just getting to everything is a pain. :redface:

Hope you have small hands if you are doing it yourself....I did mine recently for the first time and I don't remember ever cussing so much in my life. Cut up my knuckles too...but I had some alarm stuff down there too.

All in all, it's not too hard. Just getting to everything is a pain. :redface:

Like everything else on this car... :tongue:

so everything is in, but how long should it take to bleed the clutch? and whats the best way?

Easiest/best way to bleed is to use a vacuum bleeder like the Mityvac or Vacula. The pedal method works fine too, but it takes at least 2 12 oz bottles to completely bleed the whole thing. Something like 400 pumps!

well shit>>>

Easiest/best way to bleed is to use a vacuum bleeder like the Mityvac or Vacula. The pedal method works fine too, but it takes at least 2 12 oz bottles to completely bleed the whole thing. Something like 400 pumps!
thanks

I did the gravity bleeding method by myself with no tools. It was easy.

First I jacked up the driver’s side front of the car ALL the way in the up. I opened the reservoir cap and filled it as much as possible. Waited about 30 minutes and filled it some more. You might see some bubbles as air escapes.

The 2nd time filling it up, I topped it off (with the cap off), I went underneath the car and loosed the bleeder valve quarter turn. I went back to the reservoir and kept topping it off as the fluid drained from below. I did this with about 2 bottles of brake fluid. Once I was towards the end of the last bottle, I tightened the bleeder valve, topped off the reservoir, and that was it.

Clutch has been perfect for 3000 miles now.

i have a carbonetics clutch, the slave is reverse and the nip is facing up

I think that it is worth the time to remove the drivers seat to do the clutch master. It is only four bolts and an electrical connector.

Who knows there may be a $100 bill hiding down there...more likely French Fries!

Brad

I think that it is worth the time to remove the drivers seat to do the clutch master. It is only four bolts and an electrical connector.

Who knows there may be a $100 bill hiding down there...more likely French Fries!

Brad

This really depends on your stature. I can just walk right under the dash when changing the master, never have the seat in my way:D:D:D..

Bye Mary.......

Sounds like a "fat-boy" dig. If the shoe fits -

No it's a "short boy" dig, myself;).

OLDMNSX is a tall guy and he needs to take the seat out:)......

Obviously you did not see all the new NSX Commercial "outtakes":D

Is the clutch pedal in or out when doing the gravity bleed, I have tried with both clutch in and out and do not get any flow out of the bleeder. Althoug I have not jacked the car up, mainly due to when I changed the hose on the secondary the fluid drained fine as my car was sitting level.

I did the gravity bleeding method by myself with no tools. It was easy.

First I jacked up the driver’s side front of the car ALL the way in the up. I opened the reservoir cap and filled it as much as possible. Waited about 30 minutes and filled it some more. You might see some bubbles as air escapes.

The 2nd time filling it up, I topped it off (with the cap off), I went underneath the car and loosed the bleeder valve quarter turn. I went back to the reservoir and kept topping it off as the fluid drained from below. I did this with about 2 bottles of brake fluid. Once I was towards the end of the last bottle, I tightened the bleeder valve, topped off the reservoir, and that was it.

Clutch has been perfect for 3000 miles now.

Is the clutch pedal in or out when doing the gravity bleed, I have tried with both clutch in and out and do not get any flow out of the bleeder. Althoug I have not jacked the car up, mainly due to when I changed the hose on the secondary the fluid drained fine as my car was sitting level.

The clutch pedal is up, in its normal position. Is the bleeder screw/value open? I think angling the car, i.e. raising the front end helps the gravity bleeding process. At least in my one time experience.

Back