• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch slave cylinder?

Just picked up this nsx a couple days ago and just looking under the car for anything leak/ loose/ or anything out the ordinary. Is the clutch slave cylinder suppose look like this?IMG_0140[1].jpg. Can anything verify this is the stock flyweel or aftermarket? IMG_0134[1].jpg

Last edited:
What an interesting cobbled up arrangement that thing is. As @jwmelvin identified, definitely not OEM. This is the OEM arrangement:

View attachment 157422

In the OEM arrangement, the contact point where the slave plunger contacts the clutch fork is completely enclosed by a rubber boot. In your photo, the plunger on the end of the bracket attached to the slave and the end of the fork appear to be completely exposed, so the boot is definitely not OEM. That would lead you in the direction that there might be other non OEM surprises lurking.

What year is your car (always important information when asking for help)? That flywheel does not look like the OEM dual disk arrangement on the early cars.

Welcome to the world of new owner surprises. Its a little hard to tell from the photos; but, it looks like the overall length of your special cylinder with that external bracket for the plunger is significantly longer than the OEM slave. If you plant to replace the clutch in the future with a clutch that is compatible with OEM fitment, plan on replacing the slave cylinder because it likely will not be compatible with a new clutch.

Last edited:
thank you for the response. Even tho the car shifts fine, the clutch grabs quick. The starter is going bad, and the clutch master cylinder is seeping fluid. Those two have been ordered. Driver side axle boot is ripped, vtec solenoid seeping oil. After googling pull type clutch on the nsx, i came across an image with the same style pull plunger, and got some image from the flywheel itself. Its most likely from ATS twin disc setup. https://www.vividracing.com/ats-metal-twin-clutch-acura-nsx-9005-p-56266.html. this flywheel is from r34 looks similar to mine with the bolts arround it from the back of the flywheel so it makes me believe its made from ats r43.jpg

Attachments

• r43.jpg
    r43.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back