• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch

My clutch recently gave up. When depressing the clutch there is no friction. It just falls to the floor. Any ideas on the extent of the problem. Am I looking at replacing this or is it a fluid problem? My NSX is a 91' with 60.000 miles.

I don't know, but Ted, the lead NSX tech at Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates (847-519-9550) is a wiz at clutches, and the folks in their parts department usually keep a new clutch in stock if you need it, so there's no waiting for the parts to come in.

Ask me how I know.
wink.gif

If there is no pedal pressure, the fluid isn't where it should be. Check the fluid level. If you've lost a lot, it could be leaking fluid out onto the ground. Or there could be an internal leak in the system - if it happened all of a sudden, there's probably a good chance a seal failed in the master/slave cyl., which is not terribly expensive as clutch-related problems go.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 25 December 2002).]

Back