• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

code 0 ?

the cel lamp dont "blick" when i turn on the ignition when checking for codes, its constant on. is that a code 0 ? or is something else wrong?

"excuse me for my horrible spelling"

//magnus from sweden

I am guessing you have a non OBDII car?

If you triggered the diagnostic procedure using the service check connector and the MIL comes on steady, I believe that means that the ECU is in back-up mode. I have never had to deal with that problem; however, I believe that it falls into the category of 'not good'. Honda's helpful advice is to replace with a known good ECU to see if the problem goes away. Cross your fingers and try resetting the ECU to see if that makes the problem go away!

I am not so familiar with pre OBDII cars and in fact I have never had the need to plug the code reader into my 2000 NSX. The only time I have ever used a code reader was on my son's RSX so I have never used the service check connector to read codes. That said, I seem to recall something about leaving the service check connector jumper in place causing the MIL light to stay on steady.

Last edited:
you guess right, it´s a -91 nsx. i will try to reboot the ECU, is it nessesery to leave the car idle running a for a while after diconnecting the clock fuse for 15min?

//magnus from sweden

The service manual says that it is only necessary to remove the fuse for 10 seconds to reset the ECU, not 15 minutes. I expect that resetting the ECU probably clears all the long term fuel trim values that the ECU has acquired. If the engine is stock and well tuned, the trim values should be small and you should not notice any material driveability issues after doing an ECU reset. If your engine has been modified (headers, intake, ....) or is not in a good state of tune, you may experience some initial driveability issues until the ECU has had time to acquire appropriate trim values.

Allowing the car to idle for an extended period of time is not particularly useful. First, the ECU would only acquire trim values related to idle operation and it potentially needs to acquire trim values for all types of operation. Second, the ECU needs to go into closed loop operation and the engine has to be hot for that to occur. Best to engage in normal driving and let the ECU acquire new trim values through normal operation. If your car is stock and in good tune, it may operate perfectly with the base settings in the ECU and may not need to acquire much in the way of long term fuel trim .

Last edited:
Back