• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Come Out For Our 1st Cruise MN

Guys, I just have an itch for this cruise since we hadn't have one yet this year. If the weather permit anyone up for the very first NSX drive around MN and Wisconsin borders. S2000s are welcome but someone has to lead because I'm very bad with direction. I'm looking at this coming morning Sunday, 8/22/10. Let's roll! :biggrin:

If I get my clutch replaced in time I would be up for it. I had Elite do it about 2k miles ago and it is slipping already. It is angry that I let it sit so much, but kid had heart problems so I didn't drive it much the last few years.

Last edited:
If I get my clutch replaced in time I would be up for it. I had Elite do it about 2k miles ago and it is slipping already. It is angry that I let it sit so much, but kid had heart problems so I didn't drive it much the last few years.

eagrimm, hope your kid is doing better. The weather outlook looks pretty good for Sunday drive and hope some of you guys will make it.

The pacemaker is helping a lot now. I need to get a nice 4 seat fun car, a GT of some sort for weekend drives so I can bring the family too, until they are old enough that I can get away alone :smile:

Sounds good to me. My buddy, Josh, is very familiar with the area (lived there growing up) and we've done this a few times this year (in fact Chad has come along). Josh, doesn't have a NSX (but something faster) and he does a great job leading.

What we've learned is that going early in the morning is ideal because the traffic is light. If you recall last year, we kind of got behind some slow-pokes that went 25MPH and it backed everything up. The early morning tends to allow us greater access to the roads with fewer obstacles.

How about meeting at the NorthEast Lot at Ikea around 7:30AM? I realize it is early, but by the time we get to the WI border it will be 8AM and we would have about 3hrs drive time before traffic builds up. So when we're done it is usually around lunch time and you still have time to spend with the family (keeps the spouses happy:smile:)

Sounds good to me. My buddy, Josh, is very familiar with the area (lived there growing up) and we've done this a few times this year (in fact Chad has come along). Josh, doesn't have a NSX (but something faster) and he does a great job leading.

What we've learned is that going early in the morning is ideal because the traffic is light. If you recall last year, we kind of got behind some slow-pokes that went 25MPH and it backed everything up. The early morning tends to allow us greater access to the roads with fewer obstacles.

How about meeting at the NorthEast Lot at Ikea around 7:30AM? I realize it is early, but by the time we get to the WI border it will be 8AM and we would have about 3hrs drive time before traffic builds up. So when we're done it is usually around lunch time and you still have time to spend with the family (keeps the spouses happy:smile:)

Yeah, I'm in at 730am NorthEast Ikea - is this the one close to MOA? Any type of car can joy us and tell Josh to drive his something faster so he can lead. COME ON OUT GUYS, SHOULB BE FUN!

It's a go for me. Just remember to have a full tank of gas. Each time I've gone through almost 1/2 tank during the full run.

As for attendees, not sure who else will be attending. I think they should simply show up if they're interested. There are no pre-requisites.

I would be willing to go with my s2k. It looked like the other cruise never happened. I haven't been able to make it to a cruise this year so it should be nice. I'm decent with directions and have a gps. I'll post up on s2k forums about this. I'd need to be back in the cities by 2 or so but if we leave by 730 i don't see that as a problem.

I would be willing to go with my s2k. It looked like the other cruise never happened. I haven't been able to make it to a cruise this year so it should be nice. I'm decent with directions and have a gps. I'll post up on s2k forums about this. I'd need to be back in the cities by 2 or so but if we leave by 730 i don't see that as a problem.

Cool, I PMed many owners and hope that more will joy us.

We've done this route a few times this year and we are typically done somewhere between 11 & 12. So we should be done by lunch time. Besides this is when the traffic gets heavy and not that much fun.

As for GPS, it is good to bring one with you in case you get lost, but quite frankly, I find simply having a good leader is all you need cause you'll be focused on the drive more than a GPS.

Cool, I PMed many owners and hope that more will joy us.

yeah thats what you have to do. There are so many different forums and different groups of owners. Unless you check ten different sites a day your going to miss out. There really needs to be an emailing list of all NSX and s2k owners that want to be updated on meets and cruises ect. Most people don't have time to check online and by the time they find out, if they do, it is to late and they already made plans.

Left early from Plymouth and picked up my NSX at my old place in Big Lake, drove her to my new place was just a thrill. I will see you guys tomorrow at 730am sharp:biggrin:

Ever since I have moved to Plymouth last week, I have seen so many Corvettes on the road but now my NSX will spice things up a little:biggrin:

Last edited:
Glad you could make it! That is a very nice & fast S2000 you have!

You guys have any thoughts about doing it again the weekend of Sep 18th?

Glad you could make it! That is a very nice & fast S2000 you have!

You guys have any thoughts about doing it again the weekend of Sep 18th?

thanks, You guys were quick though. I really had to get on the gas to keep up with you guys. I actually had to shift into 5th because I ran out of revs in 4th gear. The redline in 4th is around 110mph...

I probably won't be able to make any more this year cuz of my living situation but just PM me if u do another one. I might be able to make it work.

Thanks for the PM guys, I work this sunday but I'm trying to get it off. I will keep you guys posted. I'd love to make it out! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Will this only be S2s & NSXs? I have someone who would like to attend with a Porsche 911 if I can make it. Thanks. :cool:

Back