• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXpedition 2021 - JULY 17 -18

If you are looking for a terrific NSX event in July, don't miss the NSXpedition 2021. Richard and Liz Graves organized the first one in 2019. I attended and it was probably the most enjoyable driving event that I ever experienced. See the details below. If you are coming from out of town, you'll want to get a hotel in the area. Reach out to Richard or Liz and they can provide some suggested locations.

View attachment 170077

Saturday & Sunday, July 17-18, 2021

Welcome to the second edition of NSXpedition.... A driving tour through the Tennessee and North Carolina mountains on three of the most scenic roads in the region.

Tentative Route Map:

https://goo.gl/maps/iZ7QUEX6Wq3qxULn8

A winding jaunt up the Foothills Parkway and The Tail of the Dragon will lead us to a photo op at Fontana Dam followed by lunch at the historic Tapoco Lodge. After lunch we will cruise the Cherohala Skyway back to civilization in time to freshen up before finishing the day with a lake side group dinner in West Knoxville.
Optionally, stick around for Harper Cars & Coffee the following morning. The largest Cars and Coffee in the region, this event hosts upwards of 5,000 cars. We hope you'll join us!

so just to be clear, the event starts at the coffee shop> ends at cherohala skyway visitor center then concludes with a dinner in knoxville?

should we be looking for accommodations in knoxville or closer to where the driving event is?

so just to be clear, the event starts at the coffee shop> ends at cherohala skyway visitor center then concludes with a dinner in knoxville?

should we be looking for accommodations in knoxville or closer to where the driving event is?

I cant speak for the organizers. My guess would be. Do you wish to stay until Sunday Cars and Coffee? If so, only want to stay at 1 hotel then book it closer to West Town Mall in Knoxville. Youll have a longer drive on Sat AM to get mountain driving but youll appreciate the close distance come Sunday morning. If your planning on leaving Sat night then I would book a hotel near the mountain drive meet up

anybody still going to this? weather is looking kinda....mehhhh

Back