• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coming through Albuquerque?

I know it's early, but I'd like to offer this up for anyone driving to NSXPO '05 from the east. I figured that we would be a lot more likely to get good participation in this if it's on the calendar early.

On Thursday afternoon, 6 October, the Albuquerque contingent will embark on the trip to NSXPO 2005 in Phoenix. If you're headed this way, it might be worth your while to try and get together with us for the journey. Tenatively, the highlights will be:

11:00 a.m.: Lunch at the legendary El Pinto restuarant, where you'll eat real NEW Mexican food so you'll have something to compare to that Sonoran, frou-frou, cilantro-laced stuff they serve west of here. The green chile will be fresh and the food will be filling.

12:30 p.m.: A trip/tour onto the flight line to see one of the inspirations behind the NSX....the F-16 Falcon. I'm also working with my Public Affairs office to get all of the NSX's onto the flight line for some photo shoots next to a jet or two.

2:00 p.m.: The caravan will then depart and head south on I-25, to head west on U.S. Hwy 60 through the gorgeous mountains and canyons dividing New Mexico from Arizona. Lots of twisties and tons of scenery, and a gorgeous southwest sunset as the lights of Phoenix appear on the horizon add up to one awesome way to top off a road trip. Even if you're not planning on joining the group on Thursday, I highly recommend this drive if it's not too far out of your way.

Add to this thread or PM me if interested!

Chuck

Chuck,

I will be coming from the east and would like to join up for your caravan. I will however be trailering my NSX and high-speed twisties would be a problem. Would you and the others be willing to take it easy so I could keep up?

Wow, even though I'm from N. CA, I'm almost tempted to make the trip down to Albuquerque to join in on the fun. I do plan on attending the main event; NSXPO.

There might be a Colorado contingent that would be hitting Albuquerque from the north. I will be anyway. I'd like to join in if that's alright.

Hey Viper,
I am going to HAVE to make this one. Count me in. NSX-T, I think I will share that room unless I find a beautiful Baby to go with. :cool:

It remains to be seen if/when I go. Its on the same weekend as the Balloon Race, so if I am in the points hunt, I'll stay here. Viper pointed out that the NSXpo track event is Monday and Tuesday. In that case, I could race here, get to PHX Sunday night and do Firebird on Mon & Tues!

Bumped as time draws nearer.......

Let me know if you're interested! Also, I forgot to mention that the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is going on at the same time, which is a world-class event with hundreds of thousands of spectators and participants from all over the globe.

Let me know if you'd like to make room arrangments here in Albuquerque, as it will be hard to find a hotel room if you do this at the last minute due to the balloon fiesta. In addition, I have two spare bedrooms available (hide-a-bed and a futon) as well as a couch and an air mattress for anyone needing a cheap place to crash for the night. I'm sure that a few of the other ABQ NSX'ers will be just as hospitable with their houses as well. PM me if you'd like to reserve a spot!

Chuck

Viper Driver said:
12:30 p.m.: A trip/tour onto the flight line to see one of the inspirations behind the NSX....the F-16 Falcon. I'm also working with my Public Affairs office to get all of the NSX's onto the flight line for some photo shoots next to a jet or two.
Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Do you have connections with Luke Air Force Base? I am involved with NSXPO 2005 as the Official Photographer. We would all love to have a picture with the F-16. Due to the fact that the NSX as we know it is no longer being produced, this would be a very significant year to have a very special photo.

Let me know your thoughts,

Jeff Frank
Jeff Frank Productions
[email protected]
a.k.a. SUBAYAI

This sounds like a lot of fun. I would be comming from Denver, and Albuquerque is right on the way for me.

I haven't yet decided if I can make it yet. It all depends on if I can work out the logistics. It is a tight squeeze for my schedule - I would have to come down to Albuquerque on the night of the 5th to be able to meet you for lunch on the 6th, and I need to be back to Denver by 6PM on the 12th, which means I would probably have to stay in Albuquerque on the nights of the 5th and 11th. Does anyone know a place I can stay in Albuquerque that has a safe place for my car?

Steve

ViperDriver,

Other than LrdVader, I don't know of any Colorado NSXrs going to the XPO. I would love to meet up with your group and go together. How long of a trip from Albuquerque to Phoenix via Hwy 60?? My wife and I will have the NSX ready to leave early in the a.m on Thursday. We can make Albuquerque in about 3:45 right down I-25. Where is the restaurant you were talking about? It sounds great. The F-16 thing would be incredible!!!! Hell, that's worth the trip by itself. Was just wondering if we needed to stop along the way Thursday night or not? Thanks for being so organized. Take care.

Chris

subayai said:
Hey Chuck,

Do you have connections with Luke Air Force Base? I am involved with NSXPO 2005 as the Official Photographer. We would all love to have a picture with the F-16. Due to the fact that the NSX as we know it is no longer being produced, this would be a very significant year to have a very special photo.

Let me know your thoughts,

Jeff Frank
Jeff Frank Productions
[email protected]
a.k.a. SUBAYAI

I might have some connections, but it is going to be difficult to work the Luke AFB angle for me. Typically, the active duty is a lot more anal than us "guard guys" and it will take some work. If you REALLY need some help with this then I may be of service, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work out due to the people I'd have to deal with.

Of course, it'd be stealing my thunder from having the guys up here in Albuquerque on my flight line for a photo with our jets, but (of course) it could be potentially a lot cooler to have a ton of NSX's in Phoenix next to some jets.

Chuck

LrdVader said:
This sounds like a lot of fun. I would be comming from Denver, and Albuquerque is right on the way for me.

I haven't yet decided if I can make it yet. It all depends on if I can work out the logistics. It is a tight squeeze for my schedule - I would have to come down to Albuquerque on the night of the 5th to be able to meet you for lunch on the 6th, and I need to be back to Denver by 6PM on the 12th, which means I would probably have to stay in Albuquerque on the nights of the 5th and 11th. Does anyone know a place I can stay in Albuquerque that has a safe place for my car?

Steve

Push come to shove, you can put your NSX in my garage for the evening and I can drive you to/from the hotel if you'd like. Otherwise, there are a few hotels on my side of town that I could recommend for security. A good rule of thumb is "off the beaten path" and you'll be okay.

Let me know if I can help out with more specific hotel recommendations and/or storage.

Chuck

Doc C said:
ViperDriver,

Other than LrdVader, I don't know of any Colorado NSXrs going to the XPO. I would love to meet up with your group and go together. How long of a trip from Albuquerque to Phoenix via Hwy 60?? My wife and I will have the NSX ready to leave early in the a.m on Thursday. We can make Albuquerque in about 3:45 right down I-25. Where is the restaurant you were talking about? It sounds great. The F-16 thing would be incredible!!!! Hell, that's worth the trip by itself. Was just wondering if we needed to stop along the way Thursday night or not? Thanks for being so organized. Take care.

Chris

The trip from Albuquerque to Phoenix is about 6-7 hours depending on how bad we decide to break the speed limit :p.

The restuarant is called El Pinto, and it is right on the north central side of town west of I-25. Just take Tramway Blvd west when you get to the north side of town, and the road bends to the south and turns into 4th St. Right at the bend to the south, the restuarant is on the left (you can't miss it).

If you need more help, let me know. It would be a long day from Denver to Phoenix, but it's certainly do-able.

Chuck

We at Pikes Peak Motorsports will be coming thru there about that time coming down from Colorado Springs. However, our car will be in a trailer. We'll try to keep up though.

Brian V

If you guys need more clout to get some fighter jet/nsx photos try shooting(get it) Larry G a pm he is a NE member ,if you have trouble getting him try Tony,Pete or Larry B as a portal.

Viper Driver said:
The trip from Albuquerque to Phoenix is about 6-7 hours depending on how bad we decide to break the speed limit :p.

The restuarant is called El Pinto, and it is right on the north central side of town west of I-25. Just take Tramway Blvd west when you get to the north side of town, and the road bends to the south and turns into 4th St. Right at the bend to the south, the restuarant is on the left (you can't miss it).

If you need more help, let me know. It would be a long day from Denver to Phoenix, but it's certainly do-able.

Chuck

Thanks for the info. We will be there. We're 3 hours south of Denver, and only 3:45 away from the north edge of Albuquerque. LrdVader, if you want to come down Wednesday night, I have a garage with a fire,theft alarm system for your NSX that night. We could leave together early Thursday morning. Let me know.

Chris

Viper Driver and Doc C,

Thank you both for your kind offers. Doc C: you're near Trinidad, aren't you? I think I would have an easier time getting to Trinidad than I would Albuquerque, since I won't be able to get out of Denver until 3ish on the 5th.

Do you have any reccomendations on places to stay in the area?

Steve

Yes, it's still a go! I'll finalize all of the details and post them here soon. Also, I will PM everyone on this thread who has shown interest to get a count of the number of people showing up.

I'm going to have an NSXCA-capable radio for the trip as well. Anyone else on this journey going to have one?

I was going to try to pick a radio up somewhere. I have the FRS radios, but I know they don't work. Radio Shack's where I ought to go correct??

I don't remember if Radio shack had a radio that broadcast in that frequency or not, but the Motorolas I was looking at were like $150. I don't think I want to spend the money on something I will only use like once a year. I was thinking of Just bringing my FRS radios for the trip down and back. While there, we can probably get by without one given the number of cars that will be there.

Steve

Back