• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech 2.3l supercharger oil seepage

Does anyone have experience with oil seeping from the dip stick (little black knob on top passenger side) of their supercharger?

I notice seepage from it after every drive. Ive checked and its tight.

Thanks

I have a 1996 NSX with a Comptech low boost supercharger. Like you I have been experiencing oil seepage from the supercharger which ends up as a mist on my rear window (no targa cover). I have asked Autowave which tells me this is normal. It is very frustrating to have to clean the oil every time I drive the car. Is there any way to fix the problem or is it something I will have to deal with?

oil seepage from the dip stick cap is different from oil spray into the rear glass from the snout breather relief hole.

theoritically oil seepage in the gear drive housing could be cause by pressurized "boosted" air leaking from the twin screw seals and bleeding into the gear box.

the oil spray coming out of the snout is due to heat buildup and i've always learned that was normal. Best it gets vented into atmosphere than pressurize the snout and blow into the seals. I use the SOS relocation hose for this. It works well.

Thanks for all the input guys. It sounds like its something I have to live with huh? Mine seeps from the dipstick. It does not get on the glass.

I'm having an oil leak/spray on my 1.6l ctsc i bought used right where the pulley attaches to the shaft. I emailed the well respected NSX vendor who negotiated the purchase and and the buyer but got no response..

From what I have read on the CTSC is that if you have too much oil in your supercharger it will spray out of the snout (where the pulley attaches to the shaft). Check your oil level.

Back