• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Headers, Taitec GTLW and Suspension

Just had Autowave install Comptech headers and Taitec GTLW as well as Bilsteins, Comptech Sport Springs and wheel spacers. The exhaust is outstanding in note and performance. I probably picked up 20-some HP. The suspension is lower and handles more precisely. The OEM wheels blend into the body with no gaps. I am extremely happy with the high quality work Autowave did. They are a real pleasure to work with.

Will post some pics soon.

Kaiser 97

Sounds great! I have the same exhaust and I love it! Did you go with the upper perch or lower perch on the Bilsteins? Thanks.

Car is outstanding on the lower perch and is not "slammed" inn my opinion. Drives great.

How much height difference is there on upper versus lower perch?

Kim

Should be about an inch of differance, when I was having mine installed the shop told me they had done a 'lower perch' setup with eibach springs on a different car, only to have the owner come back and have them put on the upper perch due to drivability issues - from what I gather there is an inch based on the 'perch' setting, then another 1-1.5 inches from the springs, so 2.5" of lowering would be 'slammed', especially with larger/wider wheels, and (in my case) a front lip.

Congratulations, Kim

That is a lot of goodies all installed at once. I bet you are having a blast:biggrin:, I would love to hear the sound of your NSX, I have yet heard the sound of Taitec GTLW + Comptech header combo in person.

Thanks Jason,

Great to hear from you. We'll have to meet up at Crystal Cove. We may be there next weekend. You can judge the upgrades for yourself. I would value your opinion. I am quite happy with the changes.

Kaiser 97

Thanks much. Here are some additional pics.

This configuration has Comptech springs with Bilstein's on the lower perch. Someone incorrectly made the comment that this configuration would be "slammed".

Attachments

• DSC_0175_edited-3.jpg
    DSC_0175_edited-3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0176_edited-3.jpg
    DSC_0176_edited-3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0169_edited-3.jpg
    DSC_0169_edited-3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 138
Looks fantastic! Are you using 25mm spacers on the front as well? I'm looking into lowering my car and I think your car's stance is perfect.

Hoe do you guys not scrape everything on the road with your car lowered? Mine is stock and I have so much trouble with driveways, etc. The other day I had to go to a totally different gas station as the entrances to that one were too steep... I go at angles and stuff but still... I can't imgaine how it would be with the car sitting 2" lower.

kreh said:
Your car looks fantastic. I'd love to meet up sometime and hear that in person as I'm thinking about doing something diffferent with my 98 (the original Anytime exhaust is almost too quiet for me now).

Back