• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Is Closing. No Joke.

Very cool.

For those of you thinking of installing an SC, you should seriously consider the new Boostzilla from Dali. Very clever design, efficient, priced well, etc.

I think all you have to do is mention "Dali" and it will turn off quite a few people on these boards....

This is great news, I was holding out a bit of hope, thx Nate. As for boostzilla, how anyone can compare Comptech to MJ is beyond me. Four words.....Camel IMSA GT Lights.

Nate, great to see you guys keeping the shiney side up on the company!Now make sure you to have Shad as a consultant :wink:

in my opinion you don't want a centrifical supercharger on a car if you can avoid it.

I have a comptech lysholm (whipple) blower on my nsx and with this setup you get great power right off the line, on my s2000 i have the comptech centrifical (novi 1000) blower this setup only produces power on the top end (6K-9K rpm). I believe the centrifical was used on the s2000 due to size (packaging)..However on the nsx you can fit a twi screw (gruppe m) or comptech SC on the car, so this would be the way you would want to go with a SC. Unfortunatly both of these are discontinued, so if you can't find a good used one, i would then look to Turbo instead of a centrifical SC.

Yay!!! This calls for RSO's Spidy Dance:

spidermandance.gif

in my opinion you don't want a centrifical supercharger on a car if you can avoid it.

I have a comptech lysholm (whipple) blower on my nsx and with this setup you get great power right off the line, on my s2000 i have the comptech centrifical (novi 1000) blower this setup only produces power on the top end (6K-9K rpm). I believe the centrifical was used on the s2000 due to size (packaging)..However on the nsx you can fit a twi screw (gruppe m) or comptech SC on the car, so this would be the way you would want to go with a SC. Unfortunatly both of these are discontinued, so if you can't find a good used one, i would then look to Turbo instead of a centrifical SC.

There's an answer somewhere in this video
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/index.shtml?vidID=57332

In a way to boost (no pun) sales and get sales going strong maybe they should have a super sale on NSX supercharges and sell them for like 6k (or whatever just over cost is) :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wow this is good news! Time for a new thread! I was hoping something like this would happen, but lost hope when I saw the thread for the auction.

In a way to boost (no pun) sales and get sales going strong maybe they should have a super sale on NSX supercharges and sell them for like 6k (or whatever just over cost is) :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now that's a genius marketing idea. :biggrin:

Re: Comptech NOT closing?

Someone should change the title of this thread!!!
That someone would need to be the thread starter (Modernceo). If you want it changed ask him to edit the "title" of the post that created this thread.

Back