• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Question

I've only owned my NSX for a week and have a question about Comptech exhaust and headers. I see lots of references on this site but can anyone spell out for me the advantages/disadvantages of adding them? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Welcome to the community. Here's the short 5 cent answer. Headers are good for 10-15 HP if you have an early model(pre-97, I think). The early model exhaust manifold is heavy and restrictive while the 97 and later models are much improved. Change the exhaust for better sound, if you care, or perhaps weight savings, as outright performance enhancement is minor.

Ted

I agree with 92White and would add that headers and exhaust are probably necessary if you are going to add forced induction.
I replaced my exhaust first and couldn't prove any increase in horsepower. When I replaced the headers, I realized an average of 16 horsepower increase on several runs with a G-Tech Pro. Pretty expensive on a per pony basis but I like the sound and can feel the small incremental increase in hp.
BTW, I went with Comptech headers and exhaust. Welcome aboard and good luck!

Originally posted by hk4site:
Leave it stock it will cost you money to add mods and the price of the car will decrease.

What do you mean by leaving stock? I thought NSX drivers like driving the car and modify the car to make it a car they can identify themselves with. If you buy a NSX and leave it stock because of a possible decrease of price, you don't get the most out of this Supercar.

You leave it only stock because you like it stock, not because of selling it in a far future moment.

I drive NSX not for selling it. The moment I will sell the car is early enough to make me wondering how much I will get for it. For the time being I have pleasure in whatever I see all you guys are modifing and what I have done myself.

Gerard

Yes - and leave your house stock too.

Don't add:
- landscaping
- a swimming pool
- wallpaper

or ANY of the other things that have been proven to produce no increase in home value regardless of how much you enjoy these things or how much they make you like your house more.

The builders of your house new exactly how it should be built and these things, even when done right, will not produce any additional equity in your home.

Back