• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech SC question

I just purchased a 97 Blue/Tan supercharged NSX-T out of Michigan. On arrival I notice that the idle speed tends to run around 1200 rpm. No affect with turning AC on/off. As such, my gas mileage is lower than I would expect (13-15mpg). My previous 2001 NSX averaged 22mpg & up to 30mpg on the highway. Now I will admit I had a pretty heavy foot yesterday after it was delivered but that will not affect the idle speed.

Does anybody else have this issue with their Comptech? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks

I have a comptech kit pushing 390whp with high boost and Laminova IC and my car is pretty much the same as stock as driveable cars go. It starts a little rough because of the Fcon but really it is sooo minor. I love it so far. The car is still too loud for my wife and others so I am trying to quiet mine down.

I just purchased a 97 Blue/Tan supercharged NSX-T out of Michigan. On arrival I notice that the idle speed tends to run around 1200 rpm. No affect with turning AC on/off. As such, my gas mileage is lower than I would expect (13-15mpg). My previous 2001 NSX averaged 22mpg & up to 30mpg on the highway. Now I will admit I had a pretty heavy foot yesterday after it was delivered but that will not affect the idle speed.

Does anybody else have this issue with their Comptech? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks

Congrats on the purchase. Hope everything turns out OK. I have seen your NSX once at a MI get together, My car is also Monte Carlo Blue . What state are you from?

ouch 13 mpg? i have 440 rwhp and get 17mpg with a pretty heavy foot in the city. i've gotten 22mpg when i drove just to see what i could push the mileage to if i didn't engage boost for an entire tank. that was much harder than i thought it would be!

fyi bbsc 10psi 550 cc injectors with walbro fuel pump.

Back