• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Supercharger AND auto tranny

Hi all

I just noticed a listing for an '05 NSX w/AT & a CTSC. It got me wondering, will the auto tranny hold up to the monstrous torque of the Comptech? Didn't Acura deliberately detune the AT model to 252HP & a lower redline to avoid over-burdening the auto tranny? I guess I'm just wondering if this set-up would hold up on the long run. I hadn't seen anybody who was marketing an upgrade to the AT tranny so I'm assuming that car has a stock tranny.

Just a thought. Anybody with an informed opinion on this?

lol....I wouldnt describe the CTSC as monstrous torque.....Its nice but monstrous is not the correct description....:smile:

Ok,
Dumb question. For the NSX, what can be described as monstrous torque for a streetable NSX? Does a SC or Turbo produce higher TQ at the same psi? Is that a fair comparison?

Stock is like 195ish.

lol....I wouldnt describe the CTSC as monstrous torque.....Its nice but monstrous is not the correct description....:smile:
Monstrous is relative for the NSX. As has been rehashed here a million times, we are ALL aware of our relative lack of torque in comparison to the Vette/Viper... My question was actually directed at monstrous in terms of what the AT is used to 'seeing'

I sent my tranny to Level Ten Transmission to make my auto trans to be capable to handle of 500hp/tq. I can get you $ off if you tell them Sonny with the NSX Sent you.

I suspect that this might be somewhat universal, but I have found that simply flushing out the old tranny fluid and replacing with a either the NEO OIL ATF or Amsoil's ATF like this:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

seems to "increase" the HP/TQ holding capabilities of the auto tranny in my Sonoma.

I suspect that this might be somewhat universal, but I have found that simply flushing out the old tranny fluid and replacing with a either the NEO OIL ATF or Amsoil's ATF like this:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

seems to "increase" the HP/TQ holding capabilities of the auto tranny in my Sonoma.

I have a bridge you might be interested in buying :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Back