• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech wide body kit for $1200

I know sooner or later someone will do this!!!! COOL for comptech wide body kit fan!!!!

Attachments

• nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_front_01.jpg
    nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_front_01.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,796
Last edited:
NSXWIND said:
they don't look comptech to me :rolleyes:
Is it a replica from comptech?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, NSXWIND...its replica...finally you can get a comptech for cheaper price...$4700.00 different WOW!!!!! I'm SOLD!
-Aaron

Last edited:
Gonna have a hard time getting gas in the car with the fuel fill being on the wrong side. :p
nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_fenders_rear_thumb.gif

holly crap that is too funny.

I also loved Zanardi O's line

" NSXWIND.I see you are new(that explain why you don't know much about body kit)..here check out the comptech wide body kit from their site!!"

Yeah but at least the comptech kit got the gas on the correct side

It's "JDM quality yO!" but comptech is not JDM. Looks to me like a cheap knock off which will likely to have fitment issues. If you want to look like one of those ricer who has ugly unpainted bumper that does not fit well, then this one is for you. :D

NSXG35 said:
holly crap that is too funny.

I also loved Zanardi O's line

" NSXWIND.I see you are new(that explain why you don't know much about body kit)..here check out the comptech wide body kit from their site!!"

Yeah but at least the comptech kit got the gas on the correct side
----------------------------------------------------------------
That is just a computer 3D model !!!!Sorry NSXG35 but you need a big eyes roll .:rolleyes:

Also a price tag of almost 5000.00 higher!!!:rolleyes:

1TITENSX said:
Looking at the legal side of the house, isn't this a copyright issue for replicating someone elses product?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny!!! how you didn't complain on TaiTec for copying NSX-R hood and Wing, Vinnie's for the Marga Hill side skirts....and god know what out here on who copying who!!!

Zanardi 0 said:
That is just a computer 3D model !!!!Sorry NSXG35 but you need a big eyes roll .:rolleyes:
So you are saying the pictures in the auction are CG rather than photos of an actual kit? If so, how did you come to this conclusion?

Zanardi 0 said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny!!! how you didn't complain on TaiTec for copying NSX-R hood and Wing, Vinnie's for the Marga Hill side skirts....and god know what out here on who copying who!!!

Good point..wonder who is supposed to be patrolling copy cats :)

Clarence%20The%20Copy%20Cat.jpg

ak said:
It's "JDM quality yO!" but comptech is not JDM. Looks to me like a cheap knock off which will likely to have fitment issues. If you want to look like one of those ricer who has ugly unpainted bumper that does not fit well, then this one is for you. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
How is this diffferent from other bady kit???:rolleyes: ...Comptech, Taitec, Do-Luck, Veilside, Kawagen, GruppeM, they are all made out of fiber class and fitting some what OK....and how do you know that the fitting suck..do you have this kit ?! or someone you know have it?

Ojas said:
So you are saying the pictures in the auction are CG rather than photos of an actual kit? If so, how did you come to this conclusion?
------------------------
Oh my god, you can't even tell the difference between actual products and 3D images.

From the look of the kit not bad!!!but I would really llike to see some one buy it!!!! at 1200.00 its a steal.
-Aaron

Last edited:
Who told you it's a 3d image? It's the actual product imposed on a different background!!!

:p :p :p

Zanardi 0 said:
Oh my god, you can't even tell the difference between actual products and 3D images.
Oh my god, you don’t even know the difference between a rendered 3D image and a real photo with a simple background swap. :p

Just because the background was replaced with another one (as jagtiger stated) does not mean it’s CG. Since it’s not CG, the fuel fill on the wrong side cannot be attributed to some sort of mistake in a 3D model, as you claim. Of course, it’s possible (although unlikely) that they flipped the image, making it appear as if the fill is on the wrong side. We’ll have to wait for a response to NetViper’s inquiry to know for sure.

Well, I have to agree with everyone. This does look like the Comptech Widebody kit, which I like, and I really like the price also.

But, and there's always a but. When I was in that minor accident months ago, I was contemplating the CT WB. Upon looking into it further and questioning several CT WB NSX owners, I found out that the filament was not perfect and need a good fiberglass person to make things fit right. For this reason, I passed on the CT kit, due to the thought of the extensive labor costs.

So, my thoughts about this kit, although again, I like the design and the price is extremely attractive, is that since it's a mold of the CT kit, it would have need more time and energy to fit right. So I would be weary about it.

Then again, if NSX owners were to take the plunge with positive results, then I would give it 2 thumbs up! :)

Don't laugh too hard. Such a kit doesn't need to cost $10k. Their feedback suggests that people are happy with the quality of their products for other cars. Perhaps they recognize that the number of NSXs being bought by younger owners is increasing rapidly and they hope to get volume up to a point where it isn't necessary to charge Comptech prices to turn a profit. On the other had, they may be total crap. Someone should check it out.

Unfortunately even a well made kit is likely to be significantly heavier than stock parts, (as is the one by CT), but if you can live with that and have a shop willing to detail them out this might be an option for some people. If I ever get around to building a racecar I'd probably consider them from a cost perspective alone.

Here is the response.

"It’s actually on the right side, but we mirror flipped the picture and that’s why it looks like it’s on the wrong side."

I thought that might be the case...

Seems legit to me. Someone order one! :)

Back