• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech wide body kit for $1200

Zanardi 0 said:
Funny thing ! the kit don't come with the wing!!!!what the hell ?!!!!dose he know that our OEM don't fit...but why don't he offer to sell the wing too?

You are having some grammar issues tonight. :D

I can email him that question too!

NetViper said:
You are having some grammar issues tonight. :D

I can email him that question too!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry Viper...english is my second language!!! Trying my best here!!!!Just trying to be who I am!! not to pertend who I'm not.
-Aaron

NetViper said:
Here is the response.

"It’s actually on the right side, but we mirror flipped the picture and that’s why it looks like it’s on the wrong side."

I thought that might be the case...

Seems legit to me. Someone order one! :)

mirror flipped or not, this picture shows it is on the right side (passenger) making it the wrong side for the fuel cap to be, right ? Unless of course they meant this (see 2 posts down)

:D

It's interesting that Comptech lowered the price of their widebody kit to $5679 - almost half of the original price (not sure when they lowered it - within the last year or so?).

Jim said:
It's interesting that Comptech lowered the price of their widebody kit to $5679 - almost half of the original price (not sure when they lowered it - within the last year or so?).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just last nite still at 5899.00...haha!!! that funny!

Zanardi 0 said:
I have nothing eles to say!!!!! you people are just to rich for me...

Aaron, just because there is some skepticism due to the extremely low price of this kit, it sounds like you're inferring that "rich" people would rather spend more money based on principle of being too rich to acknowledge a good deal when they see one. In other words, they must have nothing better to do with the money burning in their wallets or growing on trees in their backyards. To me, I think people get rich because they are too smart to spend their hard earned money on a product (no less one that has been copied, is way below market value, and listed on ebay where fraud is rampant) without caveat emptor. May be you don't mean what you write since your English isn't your first language (not mine either), but the quote just sounds really offensive to me. OF COURSE the people on this forum would rather save a buck, but it's usually the case that if it's too good to be true, it probably is. You get what you pay for! Just my 2 cents.

Jim said:
They seem to have lowered the prices on alot of their items. Take the strut brace bar for instance. Previously it was $1299, now on their site for $699.

Zanardi 0 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry Viper...english is my second language!!! Trying my best here!!!!Just trying to be who I am!! not to pertend who I'm not.
-Aaron

Sorry, I just thought you were being lazy :D

I never would have thought english was your second language. You write well. No offense meant.

donwon said:
They seem to have lowered the prices on alot of their items. Take the strut brace bar for instance. Previously it was $1299, now on their site for $699.

Now if they would only lower the price of the CTSC to $5,000, I would have one tomorrow :)

And while they are at it, why not headers for a price that isn't the biggest rip off on the planet.

Is there not one person who lives nearby willing to go check them out at their physical location?

NetViper said:
Now if they would only lower the price of the CTSC to $5,000, I would have one tomorrow :)

And while they are at it, why not headers for a price that isn't the biggest rip off on the planet.

As far as the header, I thought NSX headers are very well priced for the gain.

For comparison, B series (Integra) race header by hytech is about $1500, and by comptech is about $950.

Andrie

Andrie Hartanto said:
For comparison, B series (Integra) race header by hytech is about $1500, and by comptech is about $950.

Comptech headers for the s2000 is under 1000 too. So why does the NSX header need to cost 1800. Isn't it the SAME material and the same amount.. We are talking a MASSIVE markup.

Also, if you recall, Goodson acura was selling them NEW for $1200 2 christmas's ago. To me that is a little more reasonable.

DC sports also had a group buy for 980 I think. So why is the comptech nearly double that price?

I love the CT widebody look. Makes the NSX look much more menacing. I wonder how much it weighs in comparision to the OEM bodywork?

<== imagining a 500hp 335/40-18 shod monster NSX.;)

NetViper said:
Comptech headers for the s2000 is under 1000 too. So why does the NSX header need to cost 1800. Isn't it the SAME material and the same amount.. We are talking a MASSIVE markup.
Remember: S2000 (like all inline engines) has a header, NSX (with a V-engine) has headers. This alone should be a clue as to why it’s more expensive.

Ojas said:
Remeber: S2000 (like all inline engines) has a header, NSX (with a V-engine) has headers. This alone should be a clue why it’s more expensive.

How does that explain DC Sports for 980 and competch for 1800?

I mean, I know there are R&D costs etc.., but don't you feel like comptech is just maybe a little overpriced?

NetViper said:
How does that explain DC Sports for 980 and competch for 1800?
It does not and I never claimed it did. I was answering the question you asked regarding the price of Comptech parts for the S2000 vs. NSX.

I imagine there are a number of reasons for the difference price for DC Sports vs. Comptech: You are comparing street price of the DC vs. retail price of the Comptech; there is a difference in design of the two headers; difference in quality; and of course, it’s reasonable to think that a brand like Comptech can charge a premium. Ultimately, they are free to charge whatever they want and if a someone thinks the Comptech is overpriced, there are options like the DC and Taitec.

I think it is interesting that Factor X prefers to use DC Sports over comptech for their Turbo kit.

Anyway, this thread has been hi-jacked!

Back to the body kit. I still have no response on my next set of questions.

Guys, they located in Irvine, anyone want to check them out here is the address!

Jorge Morales
President & CEO

JMET ENTERPRISES, INC.
4646 Sierra Tree Lane
Irvine, CA. 92612

Toll Free: 1-866-304-5464
CA & International calls: 949-387-9965
Fax: 949-387-5711
Web: www.raceonusa.com

Zanardi 0 said:
Guys, they located in Irvine, anyone want to check them out here is the address!

Jorge Morales
President & CEO

JMET ENTERPRISES, INC.
4646 Sierra Tree Lane
Irvine, CA. 92612

Toll Free: 1-866-304-5464
CA & International calls: 949-387-9965
Fax: 949-387-5711
Web: www.raceonusa.com
Looks like someone is working out of their house. Address is in a residential area (as far as I can tell with Yahoo maps). Web page doesn't work.

Attachments

• sierratree.gif
    sierratree.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,166
ss_md said:
Looks like someone is working out of their house. Address is in a residential area (as far as I can tell with Yahoo maps). Web page doesn't work.
-------------------------------------------------------------
scott,
Web...dose work...look pretty good!!!
-Aaron

Zanardi 0 said:
-------------------------------------------------------------
scott,
Web...dose work...look pretty good!!!
-Aaron
Musta been busy or something to that effect.

CT Widebody kit

Raceonusa.com is a home based business that buys all the parts from IMPORTFAN.COM. Importfan/GTP is the manufacture of the CT widebody kit, I do alot of business with various body kit manufacture like VIS,AIT,Importfan etc. out of all the kits I buy most of the complains I get are from the Importfan/GTP kits most complains I get are about fitment on the kits. I have not checked out this kit yet but if anyone wants one I can get discounts off GTP/Importfan products but for some reason they will not let me pick one up drop ship only I guess they are scared that I will copy the kit. I hope this information helps.

WWW.AEROKITZ.COM

They wrote me back again.

"We’re actually about to install it on an nsx. Keep checking our website; we might have some pictures of it by next week."

I guess we will see how it looks shortly.

Back