• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptechs Best NSX not near good enough (C&D)

huckster, i can assure you that a harley will not pick up more chicks than any car on this board. personally every girl i know, from age 18-30 hates harleys. a few are moderately interested in jap bikes.

in the lambo, girls flash you, beg for rides, write "i love you" on the windshield in red lipstick, find #'s on the window, find them sitting in your car at gas stations, ask you to leave your wife behind right in front of her, ask to have you and your wife participate, offer to break up with their boyfriends right in front of them,and my personal favorite, the "ill do anything for ride" line.

then you should see the offers my wife gets when she drives it.

regardless of whether the nsx ran a best of 12.60 or 12.70, forgot what you said, who knows what the ferraris best run was. also neither one of those nsx's is available in the u.s. and both are substantially faster than our cars, stock for stock. my whole point is, that the ferrari is miles aprt from a 3.0 nsx in straightline performance.

Seeing as how this is the longest topic ever, I figure I'll add my 2 cents.

For the topic of F355 vs. NSX I will refer to Car and Driver (also since it was the magazine that started this whole discussion) in July 95, Car and Driver compared the Porsche 911 Turbo, Lotus Esprit, NSX-T, Ferrari F355, and Dodge Viper. Now remember this is 1995 and the NSX is the T version without the 3.2 liter engine. Remember that this NSX is the slowest and heaviest of all the years (because of the added weight of the targa top and EPS). The cars were ranked as follows:

5. Lotus Esprit S4S [81 points]
4. Dodge Viper RT/10 [83 points]
3. Ferrari F355 [91 points]
2. Acura NSX-T [93 points]
1. Porsche 911 Turbo [96 points]

Just further evidence to back up what NSXTACY said about the two being very comparable cars.

NSXPERT

Originally posted by NSXPERT:
Seeing as how this is the longest topic ever, I figure I'll add my 2 cents.

For the topic of F355 vs. NSX I will refer to Car and Driver (also since it was the magazine that started this whole discussion) in July 95, Car and Driver compared the Porsche 911 Turbo, Lotus Esprit, NSX-T, Ferrari F355, and Dodge Viper. Now remember this is 1995 and the NSX is the T version without the 3.2 liter engine. Remember that this NSX is the slowest and heaviest of all the years (because of the added weight of the targa top and EPS). The cars were ranked as follows:

5. Lotus Esprit S4S [81 points]
4. Dodge Viper RT/10 [83 points]
3. Ferrari F355 [91 points]
2. Acura NSX-T [93 points]
1. Porsche 911 Turbo [96 points]

Just further evidence to back up what NSXTACY said about the two being very comparable cars.

NSXPERT

Isn't that the SuperCar olympics issue... i wish I still had that one..

If you REALLY want to be politically incorrect, Ilya, you should bring back your "warlord" avatar.

And if I remember correctly there were actually a few people who were really bothered by it.

LOL!!!!!

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Not according to the magazines.

Road & Track (January '97) tested the F355 at 5.3 0-60, 13.7 1/4, figures that are typical of the 3.0-liter 5-speed NSX.

Those numbers have got to be recorded by someone who just bought their license from Habib in your local convenient store on the street corner
biggrin.gif

Actually they might be from a spider which are still kind of high. I am staring down at a Road and Track and a Motor trnd and they say 4.9 and 13.3 for R&T and 4.7 and 12.8 for Motor Trend
As for the NSX 3.2l 5.0 and 13.5 on R&T and 5.8 and 14.3 in motor trend but that is for the 3.0l and for the 3.2l 4.8 and 13.3 which is comparable but nevertheless still slower. But these numbers do not do either car any justice. You have to llok at the car as a whole on how it performs because if you really want to go by 0-60 and 1/4 then the king of the hill is the viper and therefore everything else is crap next to it. You have to throw braking, lateral gs, and slalom as well into the formula
NSX 3.0 braking-60-0 =111ft
NSX 3.2 braking-60-0 =120ft
355 berlinetta 60-0 =114ft
355 spyder 60-0 =126

lateral accel (g) and slalom (mph)
NSX 3.0 .89 68.4
NSX 3.2 .94 69.5
355 berl. 1.01 72.1
355 spy. .93 70.8

So as these numbers do state the 355 is like I said a small step above the 3.2 NSX
I am so sick of comparing numbers OK you guys are right the 355 is the lowest on the automotive scale--its the pits. What the hell was I thinking buying one? That's it I am selling it tonight. What is a fair value guys? Since it is not as good as an NSX it has to be worth less. So whats a fair value? $20,000? or best offer
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jimbo:
If you REALLY want to be politically incorrect, Ilya, you should bring back your "warlord" avatar.

That must have been before my time.. i don't remember it.

Originally posted by bill92nsx:
. So whats a fair value? $20,000? or best offer
biggrin.gif

I will give you 18,000
smile.gif

As for the NSX skidpad.. is the 3.0 you listed running the old tires (15/16 inch)? or the newer 215/245?(16/17)

Netviper why would you ever want to downgrade from the all illustrious and superior NSX to the lowly Italian ricearoni F355?
biggrin.gif

As for the tires on the set up I am not sure because I took this out of the highlight section, but the test date was in 12/95 so my guess would be the bigger tires.

You mean the pre-teen warlord?
biggrin.gif

luther.jpg

Austin Powers 3 is out so maybe I should create a new avatar with someone like mini-me. Maybe mini-me humping the NOS bottle?
biggrin.gif

Down mini-me! Down!

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 19 August 2002).]

Originally posted by bill92nsx:
As for the NSX 3.2l 5.0 and 13.5 on R&T and 5.8 and 14.3 in motor trend but that is for the 3.0l

Yeah, let's quote the Motor Trend test of the NSX with the automatic transmission, that's really fair.
rolleyes.gif

Here are typical test results for the 3.0-liter NSX coupe for those who think the five-speed might be just a wee bit more representative:

AutoWeek 8/26/91 5.3 0-60 (no 1/4)
Car & Driver 9/90 5.2 0-60, 13.8 1/4
Motor Trend 12/90 5.4 0-60, 13.7 1/4
Sports Car International 12/90 5.03 0-60, 13.47 1/4

Tests of the six-speed 3.2-liter vary depending on whether it's a coupe/Zanardi (4.5 to 4.8) vs an NSX-T (4.7 to 5.0). The 4.5 figure came from Car and Driver 7/98 which also had the 1/4 at 12.9.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. WAH , cry me a river!
mad.gif

you all need to stop acting so immature. who cares who has a faster/better/etc.. car.
drive what makes you happy.
QUIT YOUR BITCHIN!

on another note, our deployment to Down Under got cancelled. I think we're going to Bangladesh now or something like that. i'll still have fun regardless.

Herman
USMC
"If you can't be good, be GOOD at it!"

Originally posted by NSXrebel:
on another note, our deployment to Down Under got cancelled. I think we're going to Bangladesh now or something like that. i'll still have fun regardless.

Herman
USMC

Anyone who's been watching the news lately knows where you're going. I don't know if I would call it "fun", but we're all very grateful for the sacrifices you and your compatriots make.

Originally posted by BoostedMR2:
NetViper and Nsxtacy, who exactly pissed in your Wheaties today, because it sure wasn't me.
So how's this? YOU shut up.
Truth be told, NSXPrime is a nice place to visit, but based on the level of unwarranted anger and hostility expressed by a few of its members (and we're only talking a couple of the same voices) I could never call this home.

MisterII,
You really need to sit back, relax, read more and post less. If someone wants to hear about your car, they will politely ask(which doesn't seem to be the case). You really need to tone down your comments, as you seem to be inciting people, not the other way around.
John

<a href="http://www.farleysite.homestead.com/files/yapper.wav">Click Here</a>

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 21 August 2002).]

Originally posted by NSXrebel:
Herman
USMC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who's been watching the news lately knows where you're going. I don't know if I would call it "fun", but we're all very grateful for the sacrifices you and your compatriots make.

well i am a Marine and this is our profession. so we do look forward to deployments sometimes, as crazy as it may sound. I also want to thank you and everyone else who supports us and our country. ultimately we're here for a good cause regardless of what some may think. if all goes well i'll be home and will get to meet many of you. hopefully i'll have an NSX of my own to enjoy along with all of you. if not i'm sure i'll have no problem finding one with your help.

Herman
USMC

"If you can't be good, be GOOD at it!"

This thread was out of control and many, many posts were in direct violation of the rules of this forum. As such, many were deleted.

If you would like to discuss my moderation of this thread, you are welcome to do so in the NSX Prime Discussion Forum (not here - any such messages here will be deleted).

[This message has been edited by NSX Prime (edited 22 August 2002).]

thanks Huckster.
i was looking for 95 since i am interested in the removeable top. as for color, any will do but red. don't really like red cars. of course it has to 5 spd. i am interested in Ilya's car but as you know i'm in Japan right now and can't look at it or much less make any offers. So until then i'll just have to wait 4 more months. If Ilya still has it, i'll definetely take a look at his.

That reminds me, yesterday I got orders back to Miramar, so it's official i'm coming back to Cali. My estimated day of return is Jan 9 and I can leave as early as Dec 31. so I might be able to make it home for New Years since we are a day ahead here. If not i'm going to try and spend new years in Hawaii. ok its time for me to go out now. I'll see ya soon.

That is it, why is this thread discontinue? Let's wring out another 12 pages. All right, who want a piece of me or the NSX. LOL

Originally posted by myf16:
I wrote this about 6 years ago:
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/NSXvsMR2.html

I drove the same road last weekend, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Great write-up Keith! I enjoyed reading every bit of it.
biggrin.gif
The handling characteristic of the MR2 you described resembles that of the S2k, if I'm not mistaken. Have you ever had the opportunity to drive one? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the S2k's handling characteristics vs. the MR2 sometimes in the future!
wink.gif

Back