• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Concorso Italiano 8/18/2006

I finally got around to signing up for the Corral. Who else on NSXprime is going?

http://www.concorso.com

Thanks.

Otto

List of NSXprime members attending:
1.) Otto_Joe
2.) Ryan1926
3.) Rey Torres
4.) eddiensx
5.) ryan1926
6.) nsx-power
7.) ChopsJazz
8.) bnesse
9.) Hoover (non corral)
10.) vespabob
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)

Last edited:
I would like to bring my 512 and my NSX down...I have yet to do the NSX....been there a few years with the F car crowd! will have to see!

So Who is going. I have been told there are 8 NSX's aready signed up for the Corral.

1.) Otto_Joe
2.) Ryan1926
3.) Rey Torres

I've updated the NSXprime headcount on the first post.
Please let me know if I've missed anyone.

Thanks.

Otto

A question for those who've attended previously...

If I'm reading the website correctly, my $175 Corral ticket (Non-Italian of course :cool:) gets me, effectively, 2 General Spectator tickets plus the Hospitality Pavilion tickets, and other goodies.

Does that sound right?

It's likely I'll be attending, but still uncertain as to whether we will be 2 or 4... so just making sure I understand the potential ramifications.

Thanks
-Brian

bnesse said:
A question for those who've attended previously...

If I'm reading the website correctly, my $175 Corral ticket (Non-Italian of course :cool:) gets me, effectively, 2 General Spectator tickets plus the Hospitality Pavilion tickets, and other goodies.

Does that sound right?

It's likely I'll be attending, but still uncertain as to whether we will be 2 or 4... so just making sure I understand the potential ramifications.

Thanks
-Brian

Taken from their website with my comments in blue.

Non-Italian Corral Fee Includes:

* Enterance[sic] for your registered car
Early parking and easy access to your car during the show.
* Entry for two vehicle occupants as the vehicle enters the Green
Entrance for the driver and one passenger as you enter the corral. Anyone else, as if you could fit more in the the NSX :wink:, would require additional tickets.
* Two tickets for the Non-Italian Corral Hospitality Pavilion
You get coffee and pastries for two.
* One Event goodie bag
You get free sample car care stuff and promo magazines.
* One Collector's Event Magazine
You get a nice thick magazine with pictures from the previous year and info on this year's features.

Otto

I just got word that vespabob will be there, so I've updated the headcount. :smile:

Otto

So, I have tickets for both the Concorso Italiano and the Concours d'Elegance this year (4 of us going... no corral for me :frown:)

But now the wife is wondering... are these really all day events? I'm not sure what she's trying to plan... :rolleyes: But, given a nice leisurely stroll around the grounds, how long does it usually take to "take in the sights"? Half-a-day? More? Less?

I realize that this is pretty subjective, and based on the individual, but I said I'd ask... any input appreciated.

Thanks,
-Brian

bnesse said:
So, I have tickets for both the Concorso Italiano and the Concours d'Elegance this year (4 of us going... no corral for me :frown:)

But now the wife is wondering... are these really all day events? I'm not sure what she's trying to plan... :rolleyes: But, given a nice leisurely stroll around the grounds, how long does it usually take to "take in the sights"? Half-a-day? More? Less?

I realize that this is pretty subjective, and based on the individual, but I said I'd ask... any input appreciated.

Thanks,
-Brian

If your going to both events, it's going to take you all day to stroll through. Funny how 8 hours goes by quick when your looking at all the nice cars.

My wife loves cars too, but not enough for the whole day. And also for lunch it's always crowded so plan to eat earlier because after 11:30 you'll be standing eating your $15 lunch minimum per person.

Last edited:
I'll be there with my NSX this Friday (thanks to the help of a really cool NSX friend) :smile:

1.) Otto_Joe
2.) Ryan1926
3.) Rey Torres
4.) eddiensx
5.) ryan1926
6.) nsx-power
7.) ChopsJazz
8.) bnesse
9.) Hoover (non corral)
10.) vespabob
11.) mickeylex
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)

Yeah...Hoover will be my wingman (passenger) making sure I don't get into any trouble on the street since there will be Ferrari's, Lambos, etc. galore running around. :biggrin:

ryan1926 said:
Yeah...Hoover will be my wingman (passenger) making sure I don't get into any trouble on the street since there will be Ferrari's, Lambos, etc. galore running around. :biggrin:

I'm a bad wing man.....Let's get em.......:biggrin:
Ryan's car toasted my car last Friday when we were driving home. We made wrong turn and the next thing you know we were both on the gas and ....well...uhmmmm......I saw his license plate......I think it said something like.....CU LTR....or...2FST4U......or EAT DUST.....

makena88 said:
If your going to both events, it's going to take you all day to stroll through. Funny how 8 hours goes by quick when your looking at all the nice cars.

Well, they are on different days (Fri. & Sun.), so I'm kind of guessing about half a day each.

makena88 said:
My wife loves cars too, but not enough for the whole day. And also for lunch it's always crowded so plan to eat earlier because after 11:30 you'll be standing eating your $15 lunch minimum per person.

Hah, only $15... sign me up :biggrin:
-Brian

15 August 2006

I am leaving tonight for the week in Monterey, Historics, Concorso Italiano, Russo & Steel, Pebble Beach, etc.
My problem is the accomodations I had arranged fell apart yesterday. I need to find a fellow car nut (NSX owner) who might be willing to rent a room for the week. I arrive tomorrow Wednesday 16 August and leave Monday 21 August.
If anyone has space available, PLEASE CALL ME 816-739-7005.

RON STAFFORD
NSXCA LIFE MEMBER
2001 RED NSX-T

Hey,

Where's everyone going after the Concorso Itialiano on Friday? Unable to make, have to work. I would love to see all of the NSX's together. Downtown Monterey, Cannery Row??

Fran Deatras
97 Spa Yellow
Salinas, CA

mickeylex said:
I'll be there with my NSX this Friday (thanks to the help of a really cool NSX friend) :smile:

1.) Otto_Joe
2.) Ryan1926
3.) Rey Torres
4.) eddiensx
5.) ryan1926
6.) nsx-power
7.) ChopsJazz
8.) bnesse
9.) Hoover (non corral)
10.) vespabob
11.) mickeylex
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)

what time are you all heading out? caravan? meeting points?

I'll be leaving Fairfield at ~ 6:00 AM. I'll be driving down 680S and 101S. Rey....I can meet up with you somewhere on 101 if you like, maybe the Gilroy area?

--Ryan

Back