• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Concorso Italiano

Tickets for the Concorso Italiano will go up in price on 3/1, so if you would like to go, you should probably sign up now. I registered with my NSX already, and there is almost always a group of us NSX folks there.

If you are bringing a friend, it is cheaper to do a corral ticket which covers two entries than to buy two spectator tickets, and the show will benefit from the beauty of more NSXs in the non-Italian corral.

http://www.concorso.com/
https://secure.concorso.com/index.php/nonitalian

You also should start looking into a Monterey Peninsula hotel right away if you are planning on staying overnight for the other events that weekend, including the Monterey Historics (Fri and Sat), Concours d'Elegance (Sun), and the myriad of other car events Thur-Sun that weekend. Hotels of all sorts book up very early for that weekend.

Chip

Is this show at the fairgrounds or Laguna Seca?

Neither. It is at Black Horse Golf Course in Seaside (near Monterey).

Chip

That's not too far away from my house. About 20 mins. I usually go to this event just as a spectator. Never entered with a car. Black Horse Gold Course is a good open space. Not too stuffy, if you know what I mean. This event is mainly European cars right? I don't remember seeing a NSX corral? Anyways, my car is not showcase quality.

That's not too far away from my house. About 20 mins. I usually go to this event just as a spectator. Never entered with a car. Black Horse Gold Course is a good open space. Not too stuffy, if you know what I mean. This event is mainly European cars right? I don't remember seeing a NSX corral? Anyways, my car is not showcase quality.

The NSXs are in a group together in the non-Italian cars section, which also has areas for BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches, Jaguars, Astons, Corvettes, and other non-Italian sports cars. It's up near the auction tent. By the way, it is best to visit this area of the show first, as the cars here tend to leave earlier than the Italian cars for some reason.

And yes, given it mostly is an Italian car show and even the non-Italian area is primarily German and British cars, the show is mainly European cars. In fact, in thinking back, I cannot remember any Japanese cars anywhere at the show in the last 5 years other than NSXs, but a few NSXs are always there. How cool for NSXs to be included.

Chip

Like calexand said, there is usually a group of 10-12 NSX's in the corral. I've been going for the past 4 years and it's a blast. Your car doesn't have to be showcase quality, just make sure she is clean. :biggrin:

And yes, given it mostly is an Italian car show and even the non-Italian area is primarily German and British cars, the show is mainly European cars. In fact, in thinking back, I cannot remember any Japanese cars anywhere at the show in the last 5 years other than NSXs, but a few NSXs are always there. How cool for NSXs to be included.

Chip

The past few years there have been a few RX-7's and S2000's in the corral. I believe that the # Nissan Z-cars has also increased.

While I won't be able to attend this years event, I did snap this picture at last year's. Perhaps you'll recognize your X in the line up? Good turn out of NSX's regardless.
Concorso_NSX_s.JPG

Like calexand said, there is usually a group of 10-12 NSX's in the corral. I've been going for the past 4 years and it's a blast. Your car doesn't have to be showcase quality, just make sure she is clean. :biggrin:

Maybe we'll see some GTR's.
Cool deal. Let's do it. I'll bring my NSX. I noticed it goes from $100.00 to $150 as of March 1. Like he said, if you plan to attend, save yourself $50.00 and register by this Friday.

I'm registered.

I usually go to the night auctions in Downtown Monterey for the Old Classic cars. I highly recommend check this out Fri or Sat. night.

Last edited:
While I won't be able to attend this years event, I did snap this picture at last year's. Perhaps you'll recognize your X in the line up? Good turn out of NSX's regardless.
Concorso_NSX_s.JPG

Yup....she's in between the 02+ Silverstone and the pre-02+ Berlina Black (Otto's). :biggrin:

Thanks Chip for the reminder...just registered! Saved enough by signing up early to take advantage of the Gold upgrade!!

I was starting to register and got to the question: do I want Thursday Early Placement...

Do I? Does that mean I bring my car on Th and leave it until Fr? I'm just going up for Friday and Maybe come back on Saturday. Which do I want?

J

I was starting to register and got to the question: do I want Thursday Early Placement...

Do I? Does that mean I bring my car on Th and leave it until Fr? I'm just going up for Friday and Maybe come back on Saturday. Which do I want?

J

Nah....you don't need early placement. I ususally get there around 8AM Friday morning and park in the corral. Then you have about an hour to start looking at all of the cars and take pics before the crowds show up.

I'll be there as well with the DeTomaso/Pantera International group.
But I will have my NSX there :)
I will park my NSX in the NSX corral with you guys this year :)
See you guys there....

I think I will not roll with the crazy lip to this event though :p just order a new stocker... also based on the event stickers and stuff should probably not be on the car right?

Dude, rock the Kevlar! I know you have clearance issues when driving up/down driveways and different issues when mounting on-site but if you can, you should go "full show"... except for the stickers. With that, I agree with you.

J

* Friendly Reminder to Order Tickets or Register Now!
* Prices Increase after Saturday, May 31st.

Thank you,
Concorso Italiano

Actually Chip, the car show is being held at the Marina Airport this year.

Neither. It is at Black Horse Golf Course in Seaside (near Monterey).

Chip

Last edited:
Actually Chip, the car show is being held at the Marina Airport this year.

Yup, a change that was made by the Concorso people after Chips post..

Back