• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Confused on installing Fic. Crying like baby jesus for help.

Hey, so I threw in the FIC but having some issues. I am looking to get through the firewall with the map sensor tube guy. Apparently there is a circle with 3 sqrews so I undid that but there is a panel underneath with 4 bolts? Is this really the best way to get through or am I following some guys joke I read?

Secondly, I need to know precisely where to add the T to jack into vacuum.

Thirdly, will my engine go boom if I start her up with the default maps, I believe it's all zeros to according to the interweb.

There are a few rubber grommets that pass through the firewall. You will see the wires in the engine compartment coming out of what looks like a rubber glove finger. If you make a small slit in the rubber, you will be able to pass the vacuum tube through; generally easier from the inside to the engine compartment. It works to cut a short piece of rigid tubing with an angle on the front and use that to pull the wire or vacuum hose through. I found the grommet on the passenger side is easiest to get to. The outermost trim piece must be off. The grommet behind the driver side is behind the TCS module I believe. Seems more difficult to get to on the engine-compartment side.

I know very little about FIC but it seems to me that if you check to make sure the maps are all zeroed then it should be safe to install. Good luck.

Thanks so much. And do you happen to know where to put vacuum t.
I think you have a few options but this is the one I used. Facing the throttle body inlet it comes off the right side. Headed in a downward direction. In the second picture you can see the T in the back right.

vuzeny6y.jpg

ahuba8u8.jpg

Thanks again. This really helped me out. Thanks for taking the time to take those pics.

If you choose to come through the passenger side grommet then pick up your vac source by placing a T in the vac line feeding the OEM fuel pressure regulator on the passenger side of the rear fuel rail. You can loosely wire tie the vac line to the fuel return line and follow it all the way to the fuel filter right by the grommet on the passenger side. My car is up at the shop or I would snap some pictures for you.

Dave

Last edited:
If you choose to come through the passenger side grommet then pick up your vac source by placing a T in the vac line feeding the OEM fuel pressure regulator on the passenger side of the rear fuel rail. You can loosely wire tie the vac line to the fuel return line and follow it all the way to the fuel filter right by the grommet on the passenger side. My car is up at the shop or I would snap some pictures for you.

Dave

Thanks, this is great info. I will take a look at this way too. Really appreciate it.

Back