• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Considering getting a used SUV, suggestions?

I never dynoed mine.

I had the SC, 7th injector kit, exhaust, fuel pump, and amsoil air filter.

The gears are pretty short so theres lots of shifting going on.

I averaged about 18-19 mpg with a 70 percent freeway commute. Before the SC my mileage was pretty much the same.

$3k for a plug and play bolt on system....wish they could make that happen for the nsx.

Hothonda said:
Get a certified MDX...We've had 4 MDX's since they came out in '01. Lots of room for our dogs, decent gas mileage, trouble free & hey, it's a Honda!

Couldn't agree with Hothonda more...my DD is a 2001 MDX and I love it! Lot's of options available (great nav system...I think it's second best only to the newer Acura nav's), great reliability, lots of room-seating for 7, reasonable gas mileage and priced right for a second vehicle.....especially if you get one that is a year or two old. Besides, I like having all my rides in the Acura family!
5115MDX-NSX-med.JPG

racernsx:

Not only ....did you take the word of my mouth...but you also took , my cars..in the same color too (the mdx and the nsx) !! ....Hey thats my drive way! ...just kidding!!

my wife has a 2001 black mdx, and we love it.. Like racer said...awesome navigation..touch screen...etc...room for 7....not too small...not too big..and very reasonably priced. It should fit most people's requirement, unless your planning on towing heavily.

A Lexus tech guy comes and eats at our restaurant often, he says the only problem with the new LX is something with the freon A/C. Its probably an arizona thing.

I'm sure there are several SUV's that will provide the service that you need but I would vote that you consider the MDX. I will admit that I may be a little biased towards Acura.:biggrin:

Attachments

• 373802-06_006-med.jpg
    373802-06_006-med.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 61
ghost said:
racernsx:

Not only ....did you take the word of my mouth...but you also took , my cars..in the same color too (the mdx and the nsx) !! ....Hey thats my drive way! ...just kidding!!

my wife has a 2001 black mdx, and we love it.. Like racer said...awesome navigation..touch screen...etc...room for 7....not too small...not too big..and very reasonably priced. It should fit most people's requirement, unless your planning on towing heavily.

ghost: How funny to see we have the same great taste in rides:smile: I call mine the "twins"....ok...so maybe they are fraternal.

Norm: And I thought I had a great collection of Acura's...looks like you've upped the ante. Nice stable! How do you like the new RL? Thinking of getting one for my wife. I hear it's really technologically advanced including a fantastic Nav system.

how about the 05'+ Nissan Pathfinder's? or Xterra's? The new models definately got more power now....as a matter of fact, I just picked up an 06' Pathfinder last week...couldn't be more happier...:smile:

Back