• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cracked Windshield

Have any of you had to replace your windshield? I cracked the glass on my 05 and was wondering about who to take the car to. The dealer, a windshied shop or have someone come out to the house? Your experiences please! Thanks in advance.

I've had the NSX done twice and my El Camino once by mobil companies, all three experiences were fine and it was no more $$ then taking into there shop

Im do for new one myself. 15 years of low flying has gotten it kind of pitted:frown: Got an estimate for $335, fairly cheap.:wink:

I would not use anything than OEM, I had a safelite installed that was cloudy, and had to be taken out...It does not have to be by the dealer, but a reputable shop can order the OEM for you...

Hi George,
I have used all-star glass about 3 times in San Diego, 2 times on the driver side window and one time for the windshield. Very good job done. The workers are unionized so they won't do any side jobs. It is simply amazing how fast they can remove and put a new one on. I got a different guy everytime. I would suggest OEM glass for the windshield, it would take around 4 days for them to order. If the price is high, PM or email me and I'll get one for you through the Acura dealer at my discount. The only catch is you have to pick it up from Orange, CA. I don't commute anymore. Good luck.
Peter

I am in need of replacement of the the windshield also .... if someone finds out the cost to replace with OEM glass please post.

My windshield cracked shortly after I bought it. I took it to the dealer, and the cool thing was that Acura decided that it was a defect in the glass (not a rock chip or anything that I might have done) and warranty'd the repair, despite the car already being six years old. It took a while for replacement OEM glass to arrive from Japan, but once it was replaced it looked good as new.

Anybody ever get a ballpark price on these? My windshield on my 05' cracked last night on the freeway... :mad:

I had mine replacedlast year from a small rock chip that finally started to spread into a crack. I have full coverage insurance so it cost me $100 for a new OEM glass installed. It was well worth it.

I had mine replaced a year ago. I was really surprised...thinking that a windshield for a NSX would take some time to order and expensive...it took over night...at a total cost of $135 by an independent. My CLK with rain sensor etc was 5X that. You gotta love Honda.

Back