• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Croc of ........something

Good god! I didn't know this was a public company, but just checked it out. $2BN market cap / 19x EBITDA multiple for a "single" and easy to duplicate fad-product company. How many crocs are there in this thread??? :eek:

(no offense intended to your VC buddy... well done indeed)

None taken, they do what they do best:biggrin: Take a look at the short interest.

Not surprising. As far as momentum stocks go, timing the short here should be a relative layup. Considering that I had never even heard of these things yet (and am not THAT much of a dork), there's probably a good bit of juice left in the fad domestically. Inflection point could be several years away. But you'll know the time to short when retailers begin discounting the product - fad is ending, pricing will come back to earth (or volumes will decrease substantially) and the stock will nosedive. It's probably worth 7x on a "normal" level of profitability.

The short interest has actually come in quite a bit since its peak. In addition to the discounting, I am keeping an eye on Ebay. When the hype dries up so will the bidding. This reminds me very much of KKD, which was a fantastic stock on both the upside and downside.

I am wearing a pair as I write this. Bought a pair for my wife at Christmas and she loved them. Then I bought a pair for myself and brother; they are very comfortable. I wear them in public with jeans and shorts---then again I am not worried about impressing anyone or looking stupid. I do not derive my sense of self from clothing. I paid $29 a pair.

Ever since I seen this thread... I have seen these shoes EVERYWHERE! Mall kiosks, mall stores, knock-offs at kmart... ahhhh crazy people

..peoples feet. I had never seen these shoes before but now I see them everywhere. Just yesterday a guy I flipped a house to stopped by to say hi. His son had a pair on. I asked if they were croc's. He said they were cheap 3 dollar knock offs. might be a short coming up...:biggrin:

It looks like it may be starting to rain on your parade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShoeBuy.com has a $10 off discount 52107CMMSN valid only today, 5/21. Click here to activate the discount. Also, receive a 10% discount when you register w/ their site for free.

Adult Crocs Cayman shoes are $30.95 - $10 off discount - 10% off discount = $18.85 w/ free shipping.

Kids' Crocs are also available, from $26.95 - $10 off discount - 10% off discount = $15.26 w/ free shipping.

It looks like it may be starting to rain on your parade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShoeBuy.com has a $10 off discount 52107CMMSN valid only today, 5/21. Click here to activate the discount. Also, receive a 10% discount when you register w/ their site for free.

Adult Crocs Cayman shoes are $30.95 - $10 off discount - 10% off discount = $18.85 w/ free shipping.

Kids' Crocs are also available, from $26.95 - $10 off discount - 10% off discount = $15.26 w/ free shipping.

Could be the 1st sign of a coming slow down. If larger chains follow suit it may get interesting.

That's nothing compared to the North Face fleece you see on every kid from 8 to 28 right now. Seriously - from grade school to college every single kid has them (black seems to be the preferred color). Well over $100 for a $10 sweater. They might as well make it the official dress code by me.

Ahahaha I can't stand north face jackets for that very reason.... they were EVERYWHERE in Chicago. I was wearing my Columbia jacket and only found one other guy wearing a Columbia jacket the whole weekend I was there. I should have high fived him or something.

I ended up buying my gf a north face while we were there. Frickin $200 and then you have to get the winter layer to go with it and all this other crap. It's ridiculous. But great marketing I guess.

You better be right! My wife just broke out the bag of summer shoes and somehow the only sandals of mine that appeared in the closet were these $5 pieces of $h1t I picked up at an ABC in Waikiki last year. I'm ordering a pair of these things because I've yet to find a pair of sandals I've found comfortable.

Qty Item Number Description Additional Charge Amount
1 38-710-095-61 RedHead® Finley River Sandals for Men - 10 M $ 19.88
Subtotal $ 19.88
Standard Shipping $ 6.95
Additional Charges $ 0.00 *
Tax $ 0.00
Total $ 26.83

Last edited:
The guy who just installed my irregular stone patio is out washing the stone with acid in a pair of croc's:eek:

So, I've been living with these for about a week now. My issue with sandals has generally been there's always SOMETHING abrasive that causes blisters... stitching, overlapping of leather, etc. I ran into this issue at first with these, but it turned out just to be a sticker. Since the sticker issue, these have been great. I walked three miles in them yesterday and while the bottom of my feet are a bit sore today, there are no blisters. I think I just need to build up my "sandal callouses" (I run 4+ miles a day, so the soreness is a sandal thing, not because I walked 3 miles :)).

I'm very happy with them, thanks for the recommendation Steve.

So, I've been living with these for about a week now. My issue with sandals has generally been there's always SOMETHING abrasive that causes blisters... stitching, overlapping of leather, etc. I ran into this issue at first with these, but it turned out just to be a sticker. Since the sticker issue, these have been great. I walked three miles in them yesterday and while the bottom of my feet are a bit sore today, there are no blisters. I think I just need to build up my "sandal callouses" (I run 4+ miles a day, so the soreness is a sandal thing, not because I walked 3 miles :)).

I'm very happy with them, thanks for the recommendation Steve.

Glad you like them. I have several pairs of the exact same sandal. I was solely, no pun intended, a sneaker guy for years. I had to get a pair of sandals for a canoe trip and I bought the redheads then and have worn them since. I always hate sandals because they would blister my feet but this hasn't been a problem for me with this brand.

Overall they've been great. I did walk around 5 miles in them all over NYC a few weeks ago .... grand central, down to penn station, then on to Crispos for dinner near 14th and 8th. Then I walked back to grand central. By that time I had blisters on my blisters, but other than that, they've been great. My wife says they're huge though and I need to go a couple sizes smaller. I ordered a size 10M, typically I wear 10-10.5 in sneakers, but the shoe sticks out a good 1.5" or so past the end of my toes. I suppose I should probably check to see if they actually sent the right size (the box said 10 anyway).

Overall they've been great. I did walk around 5 miles in them all over NYC a few weeks ago .... grand central, down to penn station, then on to Crispos for dinner near 14th and 8th. Then I walked back to grand central. By that time I had blisters on my blisters, but other than that, they've been great. My wife says they're huge though and I need to go a couple sizes smaller. I ordered a size 10M, typically I wear 10-10.5 in sneakers, but the shoe sticks out a good 1.5" or so past the end of my toes. I suppose I should probably check to see if they actually sent the right size (the box said 10 anyway).

Mine are the same way so I ordered a little smaller size after I wore the first pair out. I was really sorry I did that after I stubbed my toe several times because it was so close to the end of the sandals.

Back