• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After 20 years, I finally have my car...

I love the story! Congrats. :)

1.) I too made the sad realization that my wife looks WAY better in the NSX than I do. When she drives it to the local Cars & Coffee events the necks snap, and people just stare. It is pretty funny to watch. :D

2.) I have never been a fan of the '02+ conversion, but for some reason I REALLY like your car. I think the subtle modifications really make it perfect, without being over the top.

3.) 18 years with an NSX and I still look back at it, and open the garage just to see it. I did that twice last night actually.

4.) The excitement level in the story gave me tingles. So very happy to see an NSX enthusiast realize their dream.

If you are ever near Indianapolis, let me know. Would love to meet you, and we also house NSX owners on the road too. We even kick my wife's car out of the garage for visiting NSXs. :cool:

Great story! I had the exact same feeling when i got my first nsx (1997) 3 years ago. I drove it from Orange county all the way to Edmonton, Alberta Canada! On long stretches i was litterally dreaming of how this can be happening...

Then last year I picked up my 2nd NSX (2004) from Oregon, and i had the same feeling! The NSX is truly an amazing car. Good luck with yours and i look forward to seeing some of your future mods.

I have since sold my 97, but sometimes i still miss the pop up headlights...

I've attached some pictures. Enjoy!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• nsx4.jpg
    nsx4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 116
  • P1000660.jpg
    P1000660.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20110614-00211.jpg
    IMG-20110614-00211.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Great story! I had the exact same feeling when i got my first nsx (1997) 3 years ago. I drove it from Orange county all the way to Edmonton, Alberta Canada! On long stretches i was litterally dreaming of how this can be happening...

Then last year I picked up my 2nd NSX (2004) from Oregon, and i had the same feeling! The NSX is truly an amazing car. Good luck with yours and i look forward to seeing some of your future mods.

I have since sold my 97, but sometimes i still miss the pop up headlights...

I've attached some pictures. Enjoy!:rolleyes:

For a second I thought I was looking at shawn112345's driveway

Teej...

...hard not to love a story with a happy "Beginning"!

I grew up in Michigan...still miss her.

I also don't believe your expectations and realizations will fade with time...any amount of time...

Enjoy. Tim.

Another Michigander with a nsx.... Awesome! Will keep my eyes out for it!

Wonderfull story Teej, I am a Dutchmen and was working in Michigan as Supervisor(Sappi Papermill, Muskegon)almost 14 years ago. Emtied 2 tanks of gas the second weekend I was there.What a beautiful area. Muskegon, Grand Rapids, Ludington , Holland, Zealand , Kalamazoo Name it.Now I am a little older (67) but bought mine NSX 2 years ago in Garland TX (vinJH4NA1186TT000082) and enjoy it every day. Done the Nürburgring Nordschleife last year (rollercoaster experience )
Hope you,ll enjoy your car as much as I do

Thats a great story.
Hope I can share my story someday soon too
as of now. Still trying to work a few things out to get my very own NSX

Thanks guys, I'm surprised this thread still lives.....

As Jimmy V said, "Don't give you, you can never give up" .

Actually I cant wait for the weather to get nice again so I can pull the NSX out of jail (storage).

Weather is looking up as of lately, just waiting for them to fill in those gazillion potholes from all tha salt treatment b4 I release the beast from jail, Lol

Black NSX look so clean :eek:
attachment.php

Back