• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crystal Cove and aftermath. . . =(

Sideways said:
You are killing me already. :biggrin:

I thought Hapa was a Hawaiian word.
It is and so am I...:biggrin:

Hapa88 said:
...End result was 4 bent rims, cracked bumper, messed up alignment, a ticket for "unsafe turn", and shattered ego, and whatever the Acura dealership finds wrong underneath. Not one of my best days.

Anyway, take care and drive safe.

Glad you are okay...I have never really understood why sometimes the police just kick you when you are down and give you a ticket to go on top of the guilt you already feel....especially in a one car accident like that.

By the way...what wheels are those? They look really nice.

nicholas421 said:
good to see you're owning up to your mistake. i'm tired of people who try to point the finger and find an excuse to sue. i remember one guy who wrapped his nsx around a pole and decided to take advantage of his job as an accident scene investigator and sue the city. I can't seem to find the thread.
glad you're safe.

I once read a book called 'Darwin's Blade' that is about an accident investigator who drives a black NSX. The author has one, so the character in his book drove one. The original reason I bought the book was the NSX...come to find out it was a great read!! :smile:

:frown: sorry to hear that...hope you already have your eye on another one:biggrin:

Hi

Damn! That looked like it could be buffed out with Zaino/Zymol and now it
is totaled?

Well I am not sure how I would feel if that happend to me.

Your NSX was nice, but as you say it was damaged from another accident and it can not be fixed. That may make it easier for you to go out to hunt for the next perfect one?

Regards

Ahhh... i'm so sorry to hear it was totalled! Please tell me your gonna get another one! Yours was so nice and clean, i would like to see you giving another NSX a good home.

Dont get too depressed over it!

Can't believe its been declared a total!
hope u jump in another one soon.

Sorry to hear about your loss, sure you are fairly devestated. Time to go looking for another one. Can you salvage any parts from the car for your next one, because I am sure its not an if but a when!:smile:

Id be finding out who did that work. There has to be some accountability to an improperly repaired vehicle that was signed off as structurally sound.

Regardless, thank god you found out.

I'll take that drive and report back. Stay tuned.

Danny RED SR 71
REPEAL V.C. 22351

Speed limit sign does say 60.

If you look at the 2nd picture, you can kind of make out the water on the road. This was about 20 minutes after the accident so alot had evaporated, but most of it was where the shaded areas are. There wasn't alot, just a thin layer of water, enough to make it slippery.

I came around the same corner that SUV is coming around, fishtailed the back which pointed me right toward the curb and the wall. And that was it.

I talked to the tow truck guy and he said that's common place for people to loose it. He pulled out a M3 the week or two before and a couple of Ferraris before that at the same turn. Good to know I'm not the only dumbass. :redface:

Happa88, can you tell me exactly where that turn is? I'm frequently in Newport Beach.

Back