• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CT Engineering. Any good?

I would appreciate any input/feedback on experiences working with CT engineering, formerly comptech.

I have requested a supercharger and they have postponed the delivery date, twice.

Positive/Negative feedback would be very appreciated.

I have always had good experiences with them and believe they are a solid, legitimate shop. I think the problem is that they likely rely on other suppliers and companies to deliver product they need to fulfill their orders, and when there is a delay, there isn't anything they can do. I once needed a set of adapter pipes for comptech headers and it took almost a month to get them. It wasn't that they did not want to get them to me asap, but they had to wait for the materials to arrive before they could make them. Once they received them, they promptly made and delivered my order.

There may be a lot of components as part of a SC kit and many can be on backorder. If they promised a specific date without mentioning there could be delays, then they would be guilty of not giving you realistic information. Otherwise, I think you are dealing with a good shop that just can't fulfill your order yet because they don't have what they need from any number of suppliers. We are talking about a low quantity product for a car that is no longer in production.

You must be new in these parts stranger.

Comptech was the only aftermarket go-fast parts distributor approved by Honda. Back in the day dealers installed this stuff.
I may be wrong, and that means probably am, but thats all I can think of.
Mugen?
Spoon?
Gruppe M?
Anybody; were they ?

Last edited:
I dealt with Comptech in the past, not CT engineering, which is many of the same guys after the company split but the ownership is different.

I am fully aware that there stuff is the absolute best in the biz, hands down.

It could be several things. As was mentioned, they do rely on vendors. Additionally, they cast the intake manifold specific for this car, so that takes a while. I remember when I ordered mine when they just reorganized to CT engineering, the intake manifold cast took a while (I think 6 months). In fact, the carbon fiber injector covers were not available when my kit came out, so they sent it to me several months later. I would just be patient. I can't imagine they would stock this kit in high numbers due to the higher price and limited numbers of NSXs produced. If your in a rush, you can always check the used parts section. I have noticed several people selling used CTSC kits. But to answer your question in the title, yes it's good.

Back