• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CT Engr Whipple 1.6 Twin Screw- Belt Slip? '91 NSX

Having issue where if I supply full throttle, RPM's remain stagnant, then jump, then stall again... issue with supercharger belt?

Don't think it's the blower.

12.000 mi on stock belt, if that helps. how long does a belt typically last?

Checked tension and it's good. Doesn't seem to have an issue if throttle is applied slowly.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Having issue where if I supply full throttle, RPM's remain stagnant, then jump, then stall again... issue with supercharger belt?

Checked tension and it's good. Doesn't seem to have an issue if throttle is applied slowly.

Thanks,

What you are describing does not sound like belt slip, if the blower is turning freely it will not have an effect on how the engine revs. It sounds more like an ignition issue, maybe bad plugs or a coil that is misfiring.

Are you running the OEM ECU?
Do you have any check engine lights?

Need a lot more info to help sort this out but belt slip really only has an effect on overall boost and can be measured with a simple boost gauge to see if the boost peaks and then falls off too early.

Dave

What you are describing does not sound like belt slip, if the blower is turning freely it will not have an effect on how the engine revs. It sounds more like an ignition issue, maybe bad plugs or a coil that is misfiring.

Are you running the OEM ECU?
Do you have any check engine lights?

Need a lot more info to help sort this out but belt slip really only has an effect on overall boost and can be measured with a simple boost gauge to see if the boost peaks and then falls off too early.

Dave

No check engine lights. OEM ECU. Where do i find boost gauge? Feel like the blower is working properly just not delivering all of the power.

12,000 mi on belt- how long do they typically last?

Thanks,

No check engine lights. OEM ECU. Where do i find boost gauge? Feel like the blower is working properly just not delivering all of the power.

12,000 mi on belt- how long do they typically last?

Thanks,

What I would do in your shoes is find a performance shop with a dyno and a boost gauge, put the car on the dyno and tell the tuner your concerns, let him know you want to verify the health of your motor and your FI system. Your not looking for a hook and three pulls to get a number but to make sure the system is operating correctly and safely. Get the dyno results and make sure they are logging AFR and Boost. This is a good place to start to make sure you will not have any problems, it is also a good baseline to compare the systems performance over time. You should have your car tested on the same dyno every year as a way to ensure the aftermarket systems you have installed on your car are performing correctly.

Belt life is what it is, when it starts to slip and you are out of adjustment then its time for a new belt. The CTSC system does seem to have better belt life with the Goodyear Gatorback belts vs the typical Gates belt. Do not over tighten your belt you will just be adding stress to the main bearings, balancer, blower bearings, and idler pulleys.

If you get the data from a dyno run post it hear and we can let you know how it compares to other cars with the same system.

Dave

Back