• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CT Sway Bar

In the attached photo is a set of Comptech sway ars. Can anyone tell me which one is front and which is rear sway bar?

Thanks,

Attachments

• 140-220t2.jpg
    140-220t2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 145
thinner one is the rear.

Ice - it has been a few years since I installed CT's anti-roll bars, but me thinks # 1 is the front. Go to their website and look into it directly, there.

777 - your answer is misleading, as depending on what vintage the bars are, CT offered the front and rear to be the same diameter.....21 mm comes to mind.

#1 is front.

Yep, 1 is the front. The ends of both bars go towards the middle of the car (so if you rotated #1 180deg, that would be how they would go on a car with the rear facing you).

Thanks to all. Got them figured out.

I did go to Comptech web site for clarification be it was no help. I couldn't even find the respective part numbers for front and rear.

Well, all is done. Comptech sway bars and NSX-R front braces installed. :smile:

I've got the same combo & love it.

Out of curiousity, what hole did you use and did you reverse the drop links? (middle on both, front links reversed here)

White94 said:
I've got the same combo & love it.

Out of curiousity, what hole did you use and did you reverse the drop links? (middle on both, front links reversed here)

For now middle holes. I'll drive it a bit before making any adjustment if needed. NO I did not reverse the stabilizer links. I thought it's only necessary to do that if you were doing to use the rear holes. Why did you reverse them?

I mounted the sway 'aft' in the bracket lots to give more clearance. After that, the drop links were more vertical when I reversed them than as original. :Shrug: I think it works either way. Just curious what you did.

White94 said:
I mounted the sway 'aft' in the bracket lots to give more clearance. After that, the drop links were more vertical when I reversed them than as original. :Shrug: I think it works either way. Just curious what you did.

Hello Mark,
Is there anyway that you can take a picture of the of the position of your links after you reversed them?
Thanks
Len

len3.8 said:
Hello Mark,
Is there anyway that you can take a picture of the of the position of your links after you reversed them?
Thanks
Len

Hey Len, I'll be happy to next time I see the car (hopefully for the Dragon run) but it might be a while. I have not even been in the same state as it since December. :redface:

Is there anything I can answer from memory?

Do you think I will rub???

This is the position on both shocks, about 1/32 of an inch

This is the upward angle.
There is about 1/16th between the bar and this hose.

If I screwed up tell me.
Thanks
Len

Man, I wish I had taken pictures...

I don't remember mine being that tight, but I am not as lowered as you are. This may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure it is not upside down. I have this pic of my stock bar (now gone) from NSX-R bar installation

attachment.php

and am comparing it to this pic of your Bar

5758DSCF0570-thumb.JPG

It looks like the 'hump' is going the wrong way from the pics. Am I crazy and or looking at the wrong hump?

White94 said:
Man, I wish I had taken pictures...

I don't remember mine being that tight, but I am not as lowered as you are. This may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure it is not upside down. I have this pic of my stock bar (now gone) from NSX-R bar installation

attachment.php

and am comparing it to this pic of your Bar

5758DSCF0570-thumb.JPG

It looks like the 'hump' is going the wrong way from the pics. Am I crazy and or looking at the wrong hump?

SOB...:mad: That's probably it...

len3.8 said:
SOB...:mad: That's probably it...

EDIT #1: You know what, the more I look at it the more I think it is on there correctly and I was just looking at it wrong. Your pic shows the right side of the front sway and mine shows the left and I think it got me turned around. Sorry for the bad info!

Did you take off any of the sway spacers? it seems like that would get it away from the hose. I am not sure what the deal is with being that close to the Konis. I remember them being close, but not THAT close. It seems like a set of Terpaks sway collars would stop any side to side movement and swapping the links around MAY give you more clearance. I couldn't tell with out measuring.

Edit #2: Added a pic of my thoughts.

Attachments

• Len.jpg
    Len.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
There were no spacers on the sways.
I had considered the collars that Al has, I am going to try to find something that can be used as spacers as well.

len3.8 said:
There were no spacers on the sways.
I had considered the collars that Al has, I am going to try to find something that can be used as spacers as well.

I bet Al could part out an NSX-R brace kit for you. Caption not withstanding, check out the upper right things here:

attachment.php

White94 said:
I bet Al could part out an NSX-R brace kit for you. Caption not withstanding, check out the upper right things here:

attachment.php

HMMM!!! That very well may be the perfect solution for the back bar. I wll check with him to see if this kit is still available.

len3.8 said:
HMMM!!! That very well may be the perfect solution for the back bar. I wll check with him to see if this kit is still available.

I dunno about the rear, but I think it might work for the front to space the sway away from the coolant line. Of course then if you do that, you probably won't be able to fit the lower NSX-R bar in without spacing that too. Check out this thread, I think its some good reading. Keep in mind my comments in that thread are with a nearly stock ride height (down 1/2"), and I think if I dropped it much more I would be in the same shoes you are now.

Thanks, yeah this thread is bookmarked, I have been looking at it all day. Great info and pics.

White94 said:
I dunno about the rear, but I think it might work for the front to space the sway away from the coolant line. Of course then if you do that, you probably won't be able to fit the lower NSX-R bar in without spacing that too. Check out this thread, I think its some good reading. Keep in mind my comments in that thread are with a nearly stock ride height (down 1/2"), and I think if I dropped it much more I would be in the same shoes you are now.

Len, unless your car's set-up/ride height is somewhat unique, for a 95 you would not need a spacer for the mount if using Comptech sway bars. As Mark noted, if you lower the sway bar, you will aggravate the Type R banging on the battery tray's arms. Many of these variables will not be noticeable on the jacks or will change their positioning once load the suspension.

1/32" is not enough. Flip the links. I had about 1/2" spacing on each side from my Bilsteins lower perch/stock springs and the sway bar moved enough to rub the passenger side Bilstein. In fact it moved enough to rub the Dali air deflector also. The Comptech clips are ok for most street driving. But for track or where some g loads are applied you need Al's collars. It fixed my sway bar's slide/movement. HTH.

Hrant said:
Len, unless your car's set-up/ride height is somewhat unique, for a 95 you would not need a spacer for the mount if using Comptech sway bars. As Mark noted, if you lower the sway bar, you will aggravate the Type R banging on the battery tray's arms. Many of these variables will not be noticeable on the jacks or will change their positioning once load the suspension.

1/32" is not enough. Flip the links. I had about 1/2" spacing on each side from my Bilsteins lower perch/stock springs and the sway bar moved enough to rub the passenger side Bilstein. In fact it moved enough to rub the Dali air deflector also. The Comptech clips are ok for most street driving. But for track or where some g loads are applied you need Al's collars. It fixed my sway bar's slide/movement. HTH.

Thanks guys, I am glad you all are up late.
Hrant was there a wait for Al's collars?
I am definitely going to reverse the drop links tomorrow.
I will post what changes it may or may not have.
Thanks again
Len

No wait on the collars or the kit. But Al takes his sweet time in reading posts ............. send him a PM and I'll bug him too .......... sleep over it. That way we get to our beauty sleep too LOL!

Hrant said:
No wait on the collars or the kit. But Al takes his sweet time in reading posts ............. send him a PM and I'll bug him too .......... sleep over it. That way we get to our beauty sleep too LOL!

Will do, on all.
Signing off.

Okay guys this is the setup that gives me the most clearance without spacers.
It has been double reversed, does anyone see a problem with running the bars this way?

As you can see the links are on the opposite side and also mounted on the backside of the mounting point.
Are there any issues with these being setup this way?

Back