• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTCS Installer in So. Cal

Are there any other installer / tuner that are capable of doing a CTSC install + AEM EMS tuning in So. Cal, other than AutoWave in Huntington Beach?

Just curious to know what my options are?

Go to John Martin of south bay acura 310-539-3636 you will see everything there....turbo nsx'es, gruppe m supercharger, ctsc, super n/a motors....etc

Ctsc

Second that on Jon Martin; Truly cares about people.
Power Acura in Torrance
310-539-3636

Danny Lai

Re: Ctsc

SexyRed said:
Second that on Jon Martin; Truly cares about people.
Power Acura in Torrance
310-539-3636

Danny Lai

spoke to Jon Martin at XPO and that guys know his stuff. Literally gave me the shirt of his back.

What is your reason for not using Autowave? Jon is very good and would be a good alternate choice, but Autowave has lots of experience in the CTSC for the NSX. Besides the installation and other mechanicals, tuning is a HUGE part of what you should be looking at. They have an in-house dyno. Mike Lapier is an excellent tuner with extremely valuable experience with the AEM ECU (he will find the right tune and maximize your HP for your setup). Mark Middleton knows the NSX, mechanicals and diagnosing, better than anyone I've ever worked with. Shane runs a successful business by being professional, reasonable and above all, careful. Their business philosophy of car repair first, then car tuner second has worked well and they have a thriving business. Eventhough I live in Las Vegas, I chose Autowave to work on my project car (In 13 years of NSX ownership and roughly 11 years of modding it, I have seen many many shops and tuners come and go- no longevity if you are one blown engine from starting the cycle of robbing Peter to pay Paul). Good service at a reasonable price and the knowledge and experience to back up their work is the reason why you should reconsider Autowave.

Regards,

No pressure but I had my AEM EMS and CTSC tuned at Autowave and got 370rwhp and 280ftlbs with a flat line AFR. They already have the program ready to feed into the EMS. It would seem like a reasonable choice.

Rod

lowellhigh79 said:
What is your reason for not using Autowave? Jon is very good and would be a good alternate choice, but Autowave has lots of experience in the CTSC for the NSX. Besides the installation and other mechanicals, tuning is a HUGE part of what you should be looking at. They have an in-house dyno. Mike Lapier is an excellent tuner with extremely valuable experience with the AEM ECU (he will find the right tune and maximize your HP for your setup). Mark Middleton knows the NSX, mechanicals and diagnosing, better than anyone I've ever worked with. Shane runs a successful business by being professional, reasonable and above all, careful. Their business philosophy of car repair first, then car tuner second has worked well and they have a thriving business. Eventhough I live in Las Vegas, I chose Autowave to work on my project car (In 13 years of NSX ownership and roughly 11 years of modding it, I have seen many many shops and tuners come and go- no longevity if you are one blown engine from starting the cycle of robbing Peter to pay Paul). Good service at a reasonable price and the knowledge and experience to back up their work is the reason why you should reconsider Autowave.
I could not agree more, these are really special group of people. Besides amazing skill/experience, they are courteous and most importantly extremely careful when working on customer's cars. People from all over the country and Canada ship cars to Autowave to have work done.

Just my .02cent, for basic bolt ons I can see using other shops, but for turbo/supercharger dyno tunning Autowave is one of the very best if not the best imho.

Southbay Acura is also a great choice for installation, but you do need someone to dyno tune the car for you.

Last edited:
Southbay Acura is also a great choice for installation, but you do need someone to dyno tune the car for you.[/QUOTE]

Jon has dyno connections.......and the best tuners available to him.

Both are great choices I think you should talk to both and then decide. I don't think you can go wrong with either choices.

Back