• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC engine parameters

mo

Registered Member
Hi from the UK.
Just had the CTSC fitted very recently and have had some SPA gauges fitted.

Question is can anyone tell me the :
1. Minimum safe oil pressure to set for the warning light
2. Minimum safe fuel pressure
3. Maximum safe oil temperature

I need to set the gauge warning lights for track use, ie when I need to come in to cool off or when the engine is on its way to melting.

Any help appreciated, the car is a regular track weapon but hasn't seen any action since the SC installation. Feeling a little concerned about durability etc

Regards

Mo

Hi Mo,
Not sure if you got this answered or not, but here is my recommendation on the SPA gauges settings. i set most of the oil pressure limits @ 20 to 25 psi. The fuel pressure is a little harder because you really want it @ about 85 psi minimum for under boost conditions but then you will be look @ it almost all the time. So may be 70 psi might be a good spot. On the oil temp I would set it at about 250, here in California with many 100 plus degree days we see oil temps into the 280+. Cheers, Shad

Hi mo,

I rode my NSX for many years with a CTSC at different track meetings with the NSX club from Switzerland ( nsx.ch).
I never had any problem with the supercharger ( at 6psi)
The only disapointment as you will soon notice is that on warm days the stock ECU will start retarding the spark ignition to avoid detonation.
This not only decreases the power available but puts strain on the cooling system.
In practice this could cost me 3 seconds a lap at Le Mans ( best lap at 1'57) and the top speed at the end of the straight would decrease by up to 10 km/h...
My only recommendation would be to use an independant A/F ratio meter to ensure that at all times the engine is running in the safe zone.
I got one from AEM that works fine.
Cheers
John

Have fun!

Hey Karl,
I know you have a kit due, Dixon is using mine as a mule.

No real drives to speak of with the duff weather but first track day last week was a total failure. White smoke and rattles on out lap so flat bed trucked home.
Fortunately turns out the oil level was to high and the oil was being dumped out of the breather tube. Dixon is fitting an oil catch tank. Rattle was due to belt tensioner bolts not being tightened enough.

Having a 4 point 'cage' fitted (spinal compression is a really frightening sounding term) now plus Momo tuner, 2002 rear valance and water temp gauge...got fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp too. just so as I know after the engine melted what gauge would have been best to check.

Welcome to the what's gonna pop first world of paranoid high speed driving.

No regrets once I've whupped some track day ass
(you speak American too?)

Sorry to hear of your early SC experience being a tad worrying. I hope Dixon learns from your feedback and manages to get mine set up right.
I hope you do whip some tracksters' ass soon as splashing out so much and not be able too would really suck. (Is that yank speak..no?).

My car is going in tomorow. I haven't asked for any additional gauges yet...I will ask what he would recommend. I am also putting a lightened flywheel as my clutch needs changing as well.

Do let me know how you get on.

SS

You'll see mine there then. I don't think its the SC at fault but whoever filled the oil past the top notch on the stick. I had a baffled sump fitted and maybe they thought it took more oil?

It feels good though, the power can be described as meaty rather than thin and gradually building.

May drop in at DMS around 2pm, if you are around would be nice to chat

Would be nice to catch-up but I will be dropping off in the am as I need to get back to Colchester on British Rail so cannot stay to meet-up when you pop over. I'll would like to speak to you so can you PM me on NSXCB your mobile?

SS

SS

So Dixon and his outfit as I said on NSXCB seems to not have had a clue about the CTSC judging by MOs experience.

Yet you are asking him for recommendations FFS dude you'll be better off doing yourself.

Sorry to hear about your woes Mo.

PS just get an AF meter for now.

Hi Ary
The car is having a 'built engine' now. Having tracked it for 8 years on and off has taken its toll it seems.
Going for all out race spec engine but without major power hikes, just reliability.
It can only get better.
They always said I drove it like I stole it!
Mo

Hi Ary
The car is having a 'built engine' now. Having tracked it for 8 years on and off has taken its toll it seems.
Going for all out race spec engine but without major power hikes, just reliability.
It can only get better.
They always said I drove it like I stole it!
Mo

That is my plan Mo but when I get bored with the SC I will build the spare one as a low comp for Turbo since it will require EMS.

Back