• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC oil spray "preventer"?

I recently removed the engine cover to display the NSX's awesome engine and CTSC :cool: . After driving it for about 100 miles, I noticed a small stripe of oil spray on the glass. Has anyone come up with a "oil spray" cover to prevent this from recurring (ie. a cover over the pulley only). BTW, the amount is very little, I just don't want 10,000 miles worth of it on my back window. I have NEVER had to add any oil over the past 1,000 miles of use either. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I have a Comptech SC. I dont have an engine cover, and my rear window is spotless. There is no oil slinging anywhere. There is a little oil seeping through the venthole in the shaft housing sometimes which I wipe up, but this is normal.

DRZZZ what comptech supercharger do you have (autorotor or lysholm?sp) i have noticed a slight spray on the autorotors and am curious what you have?

thanks

I have a Whipple. It is one of the last ones Comptech made. I have never seen the oil level go down on the dipstick in 3 years, although I have only driven it 1,000 or so miles. I want to emphasize that the oil mark is only 3" wide, but covers the whole glass cover. Maybe I overfilled it? (I did NOT check it this year yet) There is only a very small amount on the snout. I have never seen oil on the targa cover, though.

Dave

Doh! I checked the oil level and it was slightly high. The level was about 2 mm above the flat spot on the dip stick when fully inserted and tightened. I then took out enough oil so that when the dipstick is inserted and tightened, it is just below the junction of the flat area and the milled area. Then I wiped up the oil that leaked out. Drove it 20 miles to work today, NO OIL on the glass!:wink: (I hope this fixes it)

Back