• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC Special Pricing through the end of March.

Thougfh I didn't buy mine from the GB, based on my notes with NOPI, the lowest price for a coupe was $6450 and for the Targa $7300 shipped.

This was back in July 26, 2006 where Turbo2go was in line and I was trying to take Matt's spot .......... a few days later the prices went up, then again they went up again ........

Hrant, what notes? Anything I can show Nopi? The way this went down left a bad taste in my mouth. It was done under a lot of secrecy, and some people just paid more. A group buy is a group buy. Giving different members different prices is BS. Brian no longer works at Nopi.

If anyone was on this GB, please either pm me what you paid or please post here. This is information I need. NOPI has been helpful so far despite the age of this.

I have Info on the price but like others have asked why do you need or want this info? Did you get in on the group buy back then if so what did YOU pay???

Hrant, what notes? Anything I can show Nopi? The way this went down left a bad taste in my mouth. It was done under a lot of secrecy, and some people just paid more. A group buy is a group buy. Giving different members different prices is BS. Brian no longer works at Nopi.

If anyone was on this GB, please either pm me what you paid or please post here. This is information I need. NOPI has been helpful so far despite the age of this.

They were e-mail exchanges which I can't share - as a matter of courtesy/protocol even though Comptech doesn't exist anymore or as you note Brian doesn't work there. But according to my "notes," he couldn't offer the initial price any longer since Comptech was increasing them. You might want to check with Nate at CT Engineering; I believe he was there back then.

I also believe that there was some concern at the time by Comptech that NOPI was undercutting all other dealers and that wasn't good for Comptech's relations with the dealers.

Last edited:
I have Info on the price but like others have asked why do you need or want this info? Did you get in on the group buy back then if so what did YOU pay???

I am trying to get the people that paid more some sort of compensation. I know of two people now that paid more. $8300 for Targa. I can't do it unless I prove the discrepencies. So I am asking for help.

They were e-mail exchanges which I can't share - as a matter of courtesy/protocol even though Comptech doesn't exist anymore or as you note Brian doesn't work there. But according to my "notes," he couldn't offer the initial price any longer since Comptech was increasing them. You might want to check with Nate at CT Engineering; I believe he was there back then.

I also believe that there was some concern at the time by Comptech that NOPI was undercutting all other dealers and that wasn't good for Comptech's relations with the dealers.

The company is out of business, the deal is 5 years old, the guys no longer work there, and you don't want to help me because of some courtesy even with a PM?? :confused: What if it was you that was overcharged?

You don't have to do anything you don't want to. I need to prove the price of the kits that went out at $7200. I need a few receipts. It is not just me that paid the extra grand.

Dave, let's keep the tone of the exchanges in the spirit that they are offered. I don't breach private e-mail protocols in public forums just because someone is no longer in business. But I can share the gist. I have no vested interest in this, nor am I trying to defend NOPI per se; but I am confused with your inquiry.

But, I assume you have read the previous posts before you made your request and presumably "accusation" that NOPI did not honor the GB. Let me refer you to the following post:

16 - Brian clearly states that the price offered in the first GB will NOT be repeated, and states the deadline

53 - Your post clearly shows that you were part of the second GB

67 -Brain states that the delays are primarily for 95+ model years

89 - Matt posts that he is willing to give his spot. [I inquired to take his spot - I was trying to work the logistics of double shipping; in the end he decided to keep it (this was August 2006).]

93 - You inquire of Brian if the same GB price will be honored (must have missed post #16)

94 - Brian responds that as of April 4, Comptech had increased its pricing. I would logically deduce that the initial GB would no longer apply - consistent with #16.

101 - Self explanatory.

In late July, NOPI's GB2 prices had gone up to $7900 coupe/$8900 for the T. I am not aware if there was another pricing between GB1 and GB2.

In October 2006 I inquired yet again of NOPI's pricing. The special pricing as of that date for a 97+ coupe (I already had the brace) the price was $7950 shipped. But it was also noted Comptech had given notice of another price increase before the end of the year.

So I guess my question Dave is to which GB or pricing are you inquiring as they were two GB (the second with delays for the 95+), and then after August, NOPI was still selling the Comptech SC albeit based on new pricing from Comptech.

A vendor has the right to price the products as they please especially if they note the sale deadline.

Unless you are suspecting or know of a scenario where within a specific GB (GB1 or GB2) and for the same identical product (model year; coupe or T; with or without the brace and engine cover; shipping location) different prices were offered to buyers, I see no issue in here.

Thank you Hrant, I was not aware GB1 and GB2 and that they were at 2 different prices. I was never told this. If this is in the thread, then I and the other guy must have missed it. That certainly changes things, I guess the guys I have spoken with must have also been in GB2, and the guys I talked to that said they paid less must have been in GB1. I think even Nopi is confused with what happened here, and I will just explain it to them. Of course having this info was rather critical, as it caused confusion for me and a few others. Considering the current pricing, I'd say they were all good deals.

Thank you Hrant, I was not aware GB1 and GB2 and that they were at 2 different prices. I was never told this. If this is in the thread, then I and the other guy must have missed it. That certainly changes things, I guess the guys I have spoken with must have also been in GB2, and the guys I talked to that said they paid less must have been in GB1. I think even Nopi is confused with what happened here, and I will just explain it to them. Of course having this info was rather critical, as it caused confusion for me and a few others. Considering the current pricing, I'd say they were all good deals.

I know Jason paid $6450 for the kit.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128728

Hope this helps.
Steve

Back