• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC timing

Page 23-91 in the online service manual. It is located under the plastic cover that houses the MAP sensor, etc. It is called the "Control Box" located just above the transmission on the rear firewall in the engine bay.

It is rare that this would need adjustment though, in fact, you will need to drill out the rivets that hold it in place to adjust it.

HTH,
LarryB

I guess the '95 cars do not have this adjustment in the control box (though can you can see the cut-out where it was probably used on prior years)

sort of annoying since you have to take the control box apart to look at it.. any idea where this adjustment is on a '95?

Why do people say the CTSC poops out at high RPM's. If you look at the Comptech dyno, it makes the biggest horsepower increase at 7800 RPM. Can someone clarify?

gobble said:
Why do people say the CTSC poops out at high RPM's. If you look at the Comptech dyno, it makes the biggest horsepower increase at 7800 RPM. Can someone clarify?

I'll take a stab at it. Because hp is a function of torque and RPM, the higher the RPM, the higher the horsepower, assuming that torque remains flat.

Thus, although the hp increase is greatest at 7800 RPM, the increase in torque at high RPM is less than the increase at lower RPM. The greater torque gains at lower RPM do not translate into as much of a boost in hp.

brahtw8 said:
I'll take a stab at it. Because hp is a function of torque and RPM, the higher the RPM, the higher the horsepower, assuming that torque remains flat.

Thus, although the hp increase is greatest at 7800 RPM, the increase in torque at high RPM is less than the increase at lower RPM. The greater torque gains at lower RPM do not translate into as much of a boost in hp.

Which is pretty much oppostite of the BBSC, which really cooks at 7800 RPM in both TQ and HP. :eek:

gobble said:
I heard it cooks other things too.

Gobble - kindly do as you avatar names suggests, and eat yourself.....you obviously do not know all of the facts of things that happened three years ago. :rolleyes: May a large turd appear on your dinner plate. I'll provide the salt and pepper.

AndyVecsey said:
Gobble - kindly do as you avatar names suggests, and eat yourself.....you obviously do not know all of the facts of things that happened three years ago. :rolleyes: May a large turd appear on your dinner plate. I'll provide the salt and pepper.

AndyVecsey - Whats your problem? How did my comment offend you to get this response? Are you the creator of the BBSC or something?

You're right. I don't know much about the BBSC, but given the fact that many of them are being unbolted and the dealers who were selling them no longer do, its probably safe to assume its something I should avoid putting on my car.

Whats your problem?

Just your comment based on your opinion without knowing the facts behind the very earliest ECU chips, which are no longer used in the kit.

This is yet another example of how people make inane statements, before doing any investigation. :rolleyes: In the thread BBSC Question, brain trust BZ elaborates on what I above alluded to, two days before your post that "offended" me. Please do a search on a topic that you are not educated on, before posting incorrect comments.

Last edited:
spdntckt said:
I guess the '95 cars do not have this adjustment in the control box (though can you can see the cut-out where it was probably used on prior years)

sort of annoying since you have to take the control box apart to look at it.. any idea where this adjustment is on a '95?

Bump :)

Back