CTSC tuner/troubleshooter in Chicago?

I had my CTSC installed on my '95 NSX-T in spring by a local mechanic friend of mine. The car has 19,xxx miles on it, I've had it 3 years now, and never had a problem with it. After the install, it was only SLIGHTLY faster than stock. I did several searches on the potential problems, called Shad at Comptech 3 times, and had my installer check it out. I also have an anoying 'chirp' coming from the SC when it is cold. (Tightening the belt didn't solve the problem.) My mechanic cleaned the injectors (fuel filter is new) and it suddenly worked AWESOME!!!!! (ie., HUGE increase in power). Unfortunately, it only lasted 10 or so miles. It now hesitates, occaisionally makes LOUD noises (like I have a hole in my headers), and in general feels like you're hitting the rev limiter at all times under WOT. This happens at any rpm, but ONLY during boost. I can slowly accelerate in any gear all the way to redline without problems, but give it boost, and all hell breaks loose. I have NOT had it on the dyno, and have driven less than 300 miles on it this year (mainly due to fear of engine damage!). :mad: :mad: :mad:

I NEED A GOOD NSX CTSC TUNER/TROUBLESHOOTER in the chicago area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help :smile:

Dave

He has built several GT2 Nsx racecars, and uses the likes of King Motorsports and Realtime. (The latest was at NSXPO and he was there as well)

If you don't want to leave Chicago, try http://www.apgperformance.com/index.php?id=13

But John has the MOST CTSC experience in the midwest.

(I know the guys pretty well at Fox Valley Motorcars, I doubt they can help me with this issue.......)

Shad at Comptech has been great! He asked me to check the ESM voltage. So last night I decided to do it myself. Guess what - NO ESM has been installed! :mad: wtf!

I hope these guys get it straight this time!

Dave

Dave,
I have been out of touch for while changing jobs but now have some free time. If you would like me to take a look give me a call at 312-719-7233. I will be glad to lend whatever help I can. You live very close to me so it would be easy to stop over.

If you have the time, I'd be interested in learning more about your CTSC project. I'm neither a DIY'er nor auto-mechanically inclined myself, but as an engineer I'd like to learn as much as possible about the NSX and modifications. Maybe I could buy lunch or something?

Randy

Randy,
I would be glad to talk NSX's any time! I have a 2nd motor that is undergoing complete transformation and is totally disassembled. If you are interested in seeing or talking through this project or other modifications I have done I will be glad to spend the time.

Bob

Back