• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC

lowellhigh,

It is common for a tuner to contract out some of their products. Comptech used to have DC build their headers. I believe, the clutch is in house, built by Comptech though.

Same as RM who sells rebadge Hawk HPS pads, and call it their own, as well as Jun flywheels, which now I believe are sold by ScienceofSpeed.

I must say, Comptech is probably the most prominent engine builder and tuner. I've been very happy with all their products, granted, I don't have their SC, as I like my car to be NA. And they did have experience building PD Cunningham old car, and their past contract with IRL. Have you been to Comptech and tour their facility. They have 2 engine dyno, 1 inertia dyno, bench flow for intake, and shock dyno among other things.

I don't know Mike from Factor X. However, from talking to them, they seem to be very knowledgable and helpful. They even interested in sponsoring us for OTC. However due to logistics, it didn't work out.

Having said that, I'm interested to know what you did to your car to have 326RWHP?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.tracknutz.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tracknutz.com
</A>

Back in 95/96, not very many people had played with the motor itself. After the typical header,bypass,exhaust,filter,TB changeout, we got about 264 rwhp. An additional 34 rwhp came from a bigger TB, Extrudehone intake manifold, port and polish heads, larger SS taper swirled valves. The hp curve was still climbing at 8000 rpm, unlike a stock motor that peaked about 7200 and actually falls from 7200 to 8100. We raised the rpms to 9200, and gained another 28 rwhp. The VTEC transition is more pronounced, and all the gains were at the top end. Great for tracking the car, hardly of any benefit in the 0-60 or 1/4 mile though.

Back